Just hours after it was rumored that Tom Cruise may have a cameo appearance in Star Wars: Episode VII, due to Harrison Ford's on-set injury earlier this month, a new report reveals that the highly-anticipated sequel's December 2015 release date may be in jeopardy because of the injury.
Jedi News has heard from "a number of sources" that a production meeting was called at Pinewood Studios today, where the possibility of a shooting delay was discussed due to the "severe nature of Harrison Ford's injury." Production may be delayed for "a substantial amount of time," which could affect the December 18, 2015 release date.
Naturally, this has not been confirmed by Disney or LucasFilm yet, but we reported last week that Harrison Ford will be out for eight weeks as he recovers from his surgery to repair a broken leg. Shooting was said to continue in Harrison Ford's absence, but »
Similar News ItemsTom Cruise
- Updated: Christopher McQuarrie will direct Mission: Impossible 6 (From The Hollywood News. 30 November 2015, 11:30 PM, PST)
- Official: Chris McQuarrie Signs On To Helm Mission: Impossible 6 (From ComicBookMovie. 30 November 2015, 6:37 PM, PST)
- Christopher McQuarrie Chooses To Accept Writing And Directing 'Mission: Impossible 6' (From The Playlist. 30 November 2015, 12:38 PM, PST)
Robert Downey Jr.
- Watch: ‘Batman v Superman’ Teaser Unmasks Bruce Wayne (From Variety - Film News. 30 November 2015, 6:10 PM, PST)
- Captain America: Civil War sets a Marvel record for most trailer views in 24 hours (From Flickeringmyth. 30 November 2015, 3:40 PM, PST)
- Will We See Captain America And Iron Man In 2017’s Spider-Man Reboot? (From We Got This Covered. 30 November 2015, 2:53 PM, PST)
- Jj Abrams Talks Star Wars: The Force Awakens (From TheMovieBit. 1 December 2015, 2:59 AM, PST)
- No more gold bikinis: Jj Abrams says new Star Wars film is female-friendly (From The Guardian - Film News. 1 December 2015, 1:28 AM, PST)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens – is there any chance at all it could disappoint? (From The Guardian - Film News. 1 December 2015, 1:00 AM, PST)