Bona fide '80s classic The Karate Kid celebrates its 30th anniversary today (June 22), but what ever happened to the cast of this uplifting martial arts film? Digital Spy goes then and now with the film's lead stars to find out what they did after starring in the original and best Karate Kid.
Ralph Macchio became an instant '80s icon thanks to his role as The Karate Kid's fresh-faced Daniel Larusso. Prior to The Karate Kid's release, he starred in Francis Ford Coppola's The Outsiders alongside Matt Dillon, Patrick Swayze, Rob Lowe and Tom Cruise. After that, he played Danny again in two Karate Kid sequels. He also starred in My Cousin Vinny (yes, the film that won Marisa Tomei an Oscar) and more recently appeared in Entourage, Ugly Betty and Dancing with the Stars.
Pat Morita was already a veteran screen »
Similar News ItemsTom Cruise
- Stephen Merchant answers burning questions about 'Hello Ladies: The Movie' (From EW.com - Inside TV. 22 November 2014, 8:25 PM, PST)
- 10 Stories You Might Have Missed: 'Lego Batman' to 'acknowledge' multiple Batmans (From Hitfix. 22 November 2014, 12:00 AM, PST)
- Tom Cruise Wanted for Highlander Remake (From GeekTyrant. 20 November 2014, 2:23 PM, PST)
"Dancing with the Stars" (2005/I)
- ABC 2014-15 Season Ratings (updated 11/22/14) (From TVSeriesFinale. 22 November 2014, 12:53 PM, PST)
- 'DWTS' Celeb Janel Parrish -- 'Pretty Little Liars' Could Sabotage Dance Title (From TMZ. 22 November 2014, 12:30 AM, PST)
- Christina Milian Major Wardrobe Fail at Nasty Gal Store Opening (photos!) (From TheImproper.com. 21 November 2014, 10:27 PM, PST)
Jennifer Lawrence (III)
- ‘Hunger Games’ Sunday Box Office: ‘Mockingjay’ Nests Atop Charts (From Deadline New York. 23 November 2014, 8:53 AM, PST)
- Box Office: ‘Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1′ Scores Year’s Biggest Opening With $123 Million (From Variety - Film News. 23 November 2014, 7:59 AM, PST)
- Listen to Jennifer Lawrence Sing “The Hanging Tree” from The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1 (From Collider.com. 23 November 2014, 7:45 AM, PST)