That’s the same turf occupied two years ago by the original “Think Like a Man,” which opened with $33.6 million. The sequel started solidly with an estimated $12 million Friday, including $1.8 million in Thursday evening shows.
Friday forecasts pegged “Think Like a Man” with another $13 million on Saturday and between $8 million and $9 million Sunday.
Clint Eastwood’s “Jersey Boys,” the weekend’s other opener, appeared to be performing better than expected in recent days with an estimated $6 million on Friday — with trackers expecting an $18 million opening weekend to finish fourth behind the second weekends for “22 Jump Street” and “How to Train Your Dragon 2.”
Warner Bros. has aimed its “Jersey Boys” marketing at older audiences and fans »
- Dave McNary
Similar News ItemsWarner Bros. [us]
- 'Deadpool' Wishes Everyone a Happy Valentine's Day (From MovieWeb. 6 February 2016, 1:22 PM, PST)
- HollywoodChicago.com Hookup: 20 Pairs of Passes to ‘How to Be Single’ With Rebel Wilson, Dakota Johnson (From HollywoodChicago.com. 6 February 2016, 10:12 AM, PST)
- Rejected ‘Gremlins 3’ Pitch Answers One of the Biggest Questions About Mogwai Rules (From Slash Film. 6 February 2016, 9:00 AM, PST)
- Channing Tatum Whispers Sweet Nothings Into a Woman's Ear For Valentine's Day (From Popsugar. 6 February 2016, 9:30 AM, PST)
- George Clooney and Channing Tatum Revel in the Idiocy of their Hail, Caesar! Characters (From PEOPLE.com. 6 February 2016, 8:45 AM, PST)
- Tatum, Levitt Team For Musical Comedy (From Dark Horizons. 6 February 2016, 8:35 AM, PST)
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt Dresses as Robin and Makes Out with a Man in Drag During Harvard's Hasty Pudding Man of the Year Ceremony (From PEOPLE.com. 7 February 2016)
- Oscar’S Year Of Visual Effects, and The Art Of Seeing And Believing (From Trailers from Hell. 6 February 2016, 9:16 AM, PST)
- Watch: An Unusual Disease Could Lead to Tragedy in 'Battlecreek' Trailer (From Indiewire. 5 February 2016, 8:22 AM, PST)