The BBC's World Cup 2014 coverage topped the Sunday ratings, according to overnight figures.
At 7.30pm, the match between France and Honduras scored an average 7.6 million (35.5%), while Argentina vs Bosnia-Herzegovina was seen by 3.8m (39.4%) at 10.30pm.
Countryfile's earlier broadcast appealed to 4.6m (25.3%) at 6.30pm.
On BBC Two, Sea City gathered 1.4m (7.3%) at 7.30pm, followed by I Bought a Rainforest with 1.3m (6.2%) at 8pm and Wildfires 2014 with 1.2m (5.3%) at 9pm.
ITV's repeat of The Cube entertained 2.5m (12.2%) at 7.30pm, followed by a rerun of The Suspicions of Mr Whicher with 2.1m (9.5%) at 8.30pm (142,000/0.8% on +1).
On Channel 4, Born in the Wild intrigued 814k (3.8%) at 8pm, while the latest Fargo brought in 946k (4.2%) at 9pm (115k/0.7%).
Channel 5's Illegal Immigrant and Proud brought in 647k (3.0%) at 8pm (101k »
Similar News ItemsChannel 4 [gb]
- Meet the Trumps: From Immigrant to President review – a warning from history (From The Guardian - TV News. 17 January 2017, 11:00 PM, PST)
- Objective Media Group America Hires Jilly Pearce As New Topper (From Deadline TV. 17 January 2017, 7:22 AM, PST)
- ‘Humans’ Creators Ink Overall Deal With AMC (From Deadline TV. 16 January 2017, 9:30 AM, PST)
BBC Two [gb]
- Peaky Blinders: Season Five May Be the End for Netflix Series (From TVSeriesFinale. 17 January 2017, 4:18 PM, PST)
- Newswire: Ricky Gervais’ Life On The Road will premiere next month on Netflix (From The AV Club. 17 January 2017, 1:02 PM, PST)
- BBC’s Satirical Sketch ‘The Real Housewives Of Isis’ Meets With Controversy (From Uinterview. 5 January 2017, 3:47 PM, PST)
- Celebrating the chilling ghost stories of M.R. James (From Den of Geek. 20 December 2016, 3:44 AM, PST)
- Passengers review (From Den of Geek. 20 December 2016, 1:11 AM, PST)
- How 90s videogame ads tried to disguise Kirby's cuteness (From Den of Geek. 25 November 2016, 4:43 AM, PST)