Relativity Media is expanding in the booming Chinese media market by forming a joint partnership with Jiangsu Broadcasting Corp. — with the Chinese multi-media concern making an equity investment in Ryan Kavanaugh’s studio.
The move comes at a time when China’s media businesses have been surging. Chinese box office hit $3.53 billion (RMB21.8 billion) in 2013, compared with RMB17 billion in 2012, according to official government data.
The alliance is aimed at developing, co-financing, co-producing and distributing movies and TV content for both the international and Chinese markets. Financial terms and project details were not disclosed.
“China is one of the world’s largest and fastest growing markets for every form of content, and Relativity has long been focused on expanding our footprint in this incredibly dynamic market,” Kavanaugh said in a statement. “The partnership with Jsbc we announced today will further strengthen the robust foundation we have built in China.”
- Dave McNary
Similar News ItemsRelativity Media [us]
- Relativity president Tucker Tooley resigns (From ScreenDaily. 6 October 2015, 3:36 AM, PDT)
- Relativity Media President Tucker Tooley Resigns (From The Wrap. 5 October 2015, 12:06 PM, PDT)
- Relativity Media Sale Approval Delayed by Bankruptcy Court Judge (From The Wrap. 5 October 2015, 10:47 AM, PDT)
- Relativity President Tucker Tooley Resigns (From Variety - Film News. 5 October 2015, 12:15 PM, PDT)
- Ryan Kavanaugh-led investor group to acquire Relativity (From ScreenDaily. 5 October 2015, 5:01 AM, PDT)
- Vin Diesel was the lynchpin of ‘The Last Witch Hunter’ and is a ‘300’ sequel on the way? (From Hitfix. 2 October 2015, 2:27 PM, PDT)
Mirror Mirror (2012/I)
- News Bits: SFv1, Shah, Rangers, Jobs (From Dark Horizons. 12 September 2015, 10:05 AM, PDT)
- ‘Dallas Buyers Club’ Writer Boards Shah of Iran Drama (Exclusive) (From Variety - Film News. 12 September 2015, 5:00 AM, PDT)
- U.N.C.L.E.: Will International Moviegoers Save WB's Domestic Box Office Flop? (From Alt Film Guide. 19 August 2015, 3:54 PM, PDT)