Relativity Media is expanding in the booming Chinese media market by forming a joint partnership with Jiangsu Broadcasting Corp. — with the Chinese multi-media concern making an equity investment in Ryan Kavanaugh’s studio.
The move comes at a time when China’s media businesses have been surging. Chinese box office hit $3.53 billion (RMB21.8 billion) in 2013, compared with RMB17 billion in 2012, according to official government data.
The alliance is aimed at developing, co-financing, co-producing and distributing movies and TV content for both the international and Chinese markets. Financial terms and project details were not disclosed.
“China is one of the world’s largest and fastest growing markets for every form of content, and Relativity has long been focused on expanding our footprint in this incredibly dynamic market,” Kavanaugh said in a statement. “The partnership with Jsbc we announced today will further strengthen the robust foundation we have built in China.”
- Dave McNary
Similar News ItemsRelativity Media [us]
- Luc Besson Puts His EuropaCorp to the Test With ‘Lucy’ (From Variety - Film News. 24 July 2014, 10:00 AM, PDT)
- New Trailer for Pierce Brosnan's The November Man Thriller (From Worst Previews. 24 July 2014, 2:35 AM, PDT)
- The November Man Gets a New Trailer and Poster; Seems Slightly More Fun Than Before (From Collider.com. 23 July 2014, 7:21 PM, PDT)
- New Dracula Untold Stills Don't Suck (From ComicBookMovie. 15 July 2014, 9:58 AM, PDT)
- 4 New Dracula Untold Images Featuring Luke Evans as Vlad/Dracula (From Collider.com. 15 July 2014, 9:00 AM, PDT)
- 'Dracula Untold': Luke Evans has his 'own fangs' - but can he kill as a leading man? (From Hitfix. 15 July 2014, 9:00 AM, PDT)
Mirror Mirror (2012/I)
- Two J.R.R. Tolkien Biopics Racing Into Theaters (From We Got This Covered. 16 July 2014, 9:12 AM, PDT)
- The Academy Invites 271 New Members for 2014 (From Rope Of Silicon. 26 June 2014, 12:44 PM, PDT)
- 271 Invited To Join The Academy (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 26 June 2014, 12:13 PM, PDT)