What is central for the future of family and faith-based entertainment and its expansion is its credibility and engagement with audiences and communities at large, according to DeVon Franklin, Sony Entertaiment’s senior VP of production.
“Credibility is key. It has to come from a place of where your heart is,” the exec said at Variety’s Purpose: The Family Entertainment & Faith Based Summit at the Four Seasons Beverly Hills on Thursday.
Barbara Fisher, Svp, original programming, Up, added, “Clearly things are changing. I’m at a network that has devoted its entire network to this kind of programming. I don’t think we would be succeeding, and I don’t think we would be growing if audiences weren’t asking for this. What is surprising people is this kind of programming is for a lot more people than they think.”
- Nikara Johns
Similar News ItemsWarner Bros. [us]
- Gilligan's Island: Warner Bros. Says No Merit to Movie Lawsuit (From TVSeriesFinale. 27 August 2014, 9:13 PM, PDT)
- Friends: Real Central Perk Opening in NYC (From TVSeriesFinale. 27 August 2014, 8:48 PM, PDT)
- Is 'Acme' the Next 'Lego Movie'? (From Movies.com. 27 August 2014, 4:30 PM, PDT)
The Blind Side (2009)
- David Gordon Green Will Direct Sandra Bullock In Our Brand Is Crisis (From We Got This Covered. 21 August 2014, 12:11 PM, PDT)
- ‘Blind Side’ Meets Ballet: New Line Eyes Biopic Of Dance Star Misty Copeland (From Deadline New York. 14 August 2014, 1:04 PM, PDT)
- Sandra Bullock Dethrones Angelina Jolie As the Highest Earning Actress (From Fandango. 6 August 2014, 7:27 AM, PDT)
Mark Burnett (II)
- El Rey Network, Mark Burnett Announce Production of ‘Lucha Underground’ (From Variety - TV News. 27 August 2014, 11:07 AM, PDT)
- Mark Burnett's ‘Dovekeepers’ Casts Star of MTV's ‘Finding Carter’ (From The Wrap. 26 August 2014, 2:31 PM, PDT)
- Finding Carter's Kathryn Prescott Takes Aim at CBS' Dovekeepers Miniseries (From TVLine.com. 26 August 2014, 2:30 PM, PDT)