The Producers Guild of America’s longstanding campaign to get rid of undeserved credits has gained plenty of traction with its PGA certification mark on 150 movies — triple what it was a year ago.
The PGA has made reining in the volume of producer credits its signature issue since the 1998 Oscar ceremony, where five producers were credited for best-picture winner “Shakespeare in Love.” The Producers Mark — a lower-case “p.g.a.” after a certified producer’s name — was first used on “Lawless” when it screened in May, 2012, at Cannes.
The mark received a major boost over the following year as the six majors — Disney, Fox, Paramount, Sony, Universal and Warner Bros. — agreed to the PGA’s process, aimed at protecting the integrity of the role of the producer by ascertaining who actually performed the producing duties on a film.
When Disney, Paramount and Warners signed last July, the number of films »
- Dave McNary
Similar News ItemsWarner Bros. [us]
- Ron Howard Directing Thriller ‘The Girl Before’ for Universal (From Variety - Film News. 27 November 2015, 3:13 PM, PST)
- Batman v Superman sneak peek coming during Monday’s Gotham (From Flickeringmyth. 27 November 2015, 12:17 PM, PST)
- New Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice Footage To Arrive With Next Week’s Gotham (From We Got This Covered. 27 November 2015, 12:13 PM, PST)
- Remembering Setsuko Hara, 1920 – 2015 (From Filmmaker Magazine. 27 November 2015, 9:52 AM, PST)
- First clip from ‘Kung Fu Panda 3’ hits; Welcome to the ‘Panda Village’ (From The Hollywood News. 27 November 2015, 8:23 AM, PST)
- Win ‘The Wolfpack’ on DVD (From The Hollywood News. 26 November 2015, 12:28 AM, PST)
- Best of the Week: 'Captain America: Civil War' Trailer, First Look at 'Wonder Woman' and More (From Movies.com. 27 November 2015, 11:00 PM, PST)
- Ridley Scott confirms 'Alien: Covenant' details (From ScreenDaily. 27 November 2015, 9:49 AM, PST)
- Tom Holland Weighs In On Following Andrew Garfield As Spider-Man (From We Got This Covered. 25 November 2015, 7:46 PM, PST)