The Producers Guild of America’s longstanding campaign to get rid of undeserved credits has gained plenty of traction with its PGA certification mark on 150 movies — triple what it was a year ago.
The PGA has made reining in the volume of producer credits its signature issue since the 1998 Oscar ceremony, where five producers were credited for best-picture winner “Shakespeare in Love.” The Producers Mark — a lower-case “p.g.a.” after a certified producer’s name — was first used on “Lawless” when it screened in May, 2012, at Cannes.
The mark received a major boost over the following year as the six majors — Disney, Fox, Paramount, Sony, Universal and Warner Bros. — agreed to the PGA’s process, aimed at protecting the integrity of the role of the producer by ascertaining who actually performed the producing duties on a film.
When Disney, Paramount and Warners signed last July, the number of films »
- Dave McNary
Similar News ItemsAngelina Jolie
- Angelina Jolie Opens Up About Son Maddox: He Is My Son But He Is Also a Son of Cambodia (From TooFab. 28 July 2015, 12:00 PM, PDT)
- American hustle: how Hollywood rips off women (From The Guardian - Film News. 28 July 2015, 10:57 AM, PDT)
- Kung Fu Panda 3 concept art shows Panda Village (From Flickeringmyth. 28 July 2015, 10:03 AM, PDT)
Warner Bros. [us]
- ‘Shaft’ Remake Gears Up With ‘Black-ish’ Creator (From Variety - Film News. 28 July 2015, 3:56 PM, PDT)
- 'The Witch' Won't Open Until 2016, But Its Sundance-Winning Director Has a New Film (From Thompson on Hollywood. 28 July 2015, 1:44 PM, PDT)
- Watch: 3 Clips And Lots Of New Images From Guy Ritchie's 'The Man From U.N.C.L.E.' (From The Playlist. 28 July 2015, 1:19 PM, PDT)
- Review: 'Vacation' runs out of gas long before it reaches its destination (From Hitfix. 28 July 2015, 3:15 PM, PDT)
- Box Office: ‘Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation’ Tries to Prove Tom Cruise Still a Top Gun (From Variety - Film News. 28 July 2015, 1:49 PM, PDT)
- Christina Applegate on New ‘Vacation': ‘A Distant Dirty Cousin to the Others’ (From Variety - Film News. 28 July 2015, 11:45 AM, PDT)