German thesp Udo Kier will be honored by the Munich Film Festival with its CineMerit Award, given to an actor whose career spans Europe and the U.S.
Kier’s career is full of daring choices, and he’s worked with such icons as Andy Warhol (“Andy Warhol’s Frankenstein”), Rainer Werner Fassbinder (“Lili Marleen,” “Lola” and “Berlin Alexanderplatz”) and Lars von Trier (nine films including both volumes of “Nymphomaniac”).
“Udo Kier is an actor who leaves a lasting impression, no matter what the role,” said festival director Diana Iljine in a statement. “He is an actor who is not afraid to take chances. And many of them have paid off. Udo Kier himself is a work of art.”
Previous recipients of the CineMerit Award include actors Julie Christie, »
- Carole Horst
Similar News ItemsMichael Caine (I)
- Olga Kurylenko Starring in Crime Thriller ‘Jane Millen’ (From Variety - Film News. 25 October 2016, 12:32 PM, PDT)
- Afm: Olga Kurylenko joins 'Jane Millen' for 13 Films (From ScreenDaily. 25 October 2016, 8:55 AM, PDT)
- Acclaimed artist Lincoln Townley paints BAFTA honourees for Britannia Award (From The Hollywood News. 21 October 2016, 3:57 AM, PDT)
Lars von Trier
- Horror Highlights: Buffy The Vampire Slayer, The Drawing, Gehenna: Where Death Lives, Woom Excerpt, Ithaca Fantastik Fest, The Master Cleanse (From DailyDead. 25 October 2016, 9:01 AM, PDT)
- See Andrei Tarkovsky’s Influence on the Films of Lars von Trier in Side-By-Side Video (From The Film Stage. 24 October 2016, 6:44 AM, PDT)
- Dekalog (From Trailers from Hell. 17 October 2016, 4:54 PM, PDT)
- Adrien Brody, John Malkovich, Antonio Banderas & A Dog Named De Niro Are ‘Unchained’ (From Deadline. 25 October 2016, 3:43 PM, PDT)
- 7 Films New to Netflix to Watch In November 2016, Including ‘Boyhood’ and ‘The Jungle Book’ (From Indiewire. 20 October 2016, 12:15 PM, PDT)
- Review: ‘Jack Reacher: Never Go Back’ Finds Tom Cruise Running Through The Motions (From Indiewire. 19 October 2016, 6:00 AM, PDT)