German thesp Udo Kier will be honored by the Munich Film Festival with its CineMerit Award, given to an actor whose career spans Europe and the U.S.
Kier’s career is full of daring choices, and he’s worked with such icons as Andy Warhol (“Andy Warhol’s Frankenstein”), Rainer Werner Fassbinder (“Lili Marleen,” “Lola” and “Berlin Alexanderplatz”) and Lars von Trier (nine films including both volumes of “Nymphomaniac”).
“Udo Kier is an actor who leaves a lasting impression, no matter what the role,” said festival director Diana Iljine in a statement. “He is an actor who is not afraid to take chances. And many of them have paid off. Udo Kier himself is a work of art.”
Previous recipients of the CineMerit Award include actors Julie Christie, »
- Carole Horst
Similar News ItemsMichael Caine (I)
- Vin Diesel is Cursed in The Last Witch Hunter’s Teaser Trailer and Poster (From ShockYa. 4 May 2015, 8:33 AM, PDT)
- Movie News - Kingsman sequel is in the works (From National Ledger. 4 May 2015, 4:19 AM, PDT)
- "Kingsman: The Secret Service 2" (From SneakPeek. 1 May 2015, 7:58 AM, PDT)
Lars von Trier
- Exclusive: Barbara Crampton talks Sun Choke, Re-Animator, Indie Horror (From DailyDead. 2 May 2015, 12:54 PM, PDT)
- Watch: Lars von Trier Explains the Rules of Dogme 95 (From Thompson on Hollywood. 30 April 2015, 8:09 AM, PDT)
- Far from the Madding Crowd review: Carey Mulligan in corset mode (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 29 April 2015, 2:00 AM, PDT)
- The hilarious and bizarre dimensions of 'Veep' star Gary Cole (From Hitfix. 4 May 2015, 4:36 PM, PDT)
- Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare’s Ascendance Dlc Now Available For PlayStation Platforms And PC (From We Got This Covered. 30 April 2015, 3:00 PM, PDT)
- Karlovy Vary Prepares to Celebrate 50th Anniversary (From Variety - Film News. 28 April 2015, 5:00 AM, PDT)