Mere hours after Netflix premiered season two of “Orange is the New Black” in its entirety online, three of the show’s stars took the stage at Austin’s Atx Television Festival to discuss the streaming service’s critically acclaimed drama.
Uzo Aduba (Suzanne “Crazy Eyes” Warren), Danielle Brooks (Tasha “Taystee” Jefferson) and Lea DeLaria (Carrie “Big Boo” Black) were suitably impressed that most of the Atx Festival audience had resisted the urge to binge the show in the wee hours of the morning, allowing them to watch the season two premiere on the big screen at Austin’s State Theater.
While all Netflix cast members seem notoriously spoiler averse, the trio had plenty to say about the experience of filming and the groundbreaking nature of the show, which is set in a women’s federal prison and doesn’t shy away from portraying its characters in all their blunt, »
- Laura Prudom
Similar News Items"Orange Is the New Black" (2013)
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Is Getting a "Facelift" in Season 6 (From hollywoodreporter_tv. 18 August 2017, 11:58 AM, PDT)
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Is Getting a "Facelift" in Season 6 (From The Hollywood Reporter - TV News. 18 August 2017, 11:58 AM, PDT)
- Netflix’s ‘Marvel’s The Defenders’ Poised for Binge-Viewing Pop, Data Indicates (From Variety - TV News. 18 August 2017, 5:34 AM, PDT)
- Emmys 2017 Poll: Who Should Win for Supporting Actress in a Drama Series? (From TVLine.com. 18 August 2017, 6:00 AM, PDT)
- 2017 Emmy predictions: Best Drama Supporting Actress (From Gold Derby. 10 August 2017, 6:03 PM, PDT)
- Funko’s My Little Pony: The Movie Pop! Vinyl figures revealed (From Flickeringmyth. 2 August 2017, 5:50 PM, PDT)
Danielle Brooks (IV)
- Danielle Brooks Almost Turned Down Orange Is the New Black Role Because of Nudity (From PEOPLE.com. 27 July 2017, 7:46 AM, PDT)
- Exclusive: 'Oitnb' Star Adrienne C. Moore Talks Season 5 Cliffhanger, Set Secrets & Why She Now Loves Lattes! (From Entertainment Tonight. 23 June 2017, 2:15 PM, PDT)
- Christian Siriano Hopes for a Time When Dressing Women of All Ages and Sizes Is ‘A Little Bit More of the Norm’ (From PEOPLE.com. 23 June 2017, 10:07 AM, PDT)