Kevin Bridges will host two shows for the BBC based around the upcoming Scottish referendum.
The Scottish stand-up will host 45-minute special Live at the Referendum from the Theatre Royal in Glasgow, which will feature a host of top comedians from across the UK. It will air in September.
Bridges will also head out onto the streets of Scotland for What's the Story - Referendum Special, where he will try to find out what the independence vote actually means to his fellow Scots.
The comedian is also hosting stand-up show Live at the Commonwealth on BBC One in July, which will be part of the Glasgow Commonwealth Games celebrations this summer.
"It's a huge year for Scotland with the referendum and the Commonwealth Games, the European Music Awards and the Ryder Cup," said Bridges.
"It's great to be asked to make these shows and find some comedy in it all. »
Similar News ItemsBBC Scotland [gb]
- Scottish Government to Help Fund U.K. Film School Outpost in Scotland (From Variety - TV News. 25 August 2017, 2:15 AM, PDT)
- Scottish Government to Help Fund U.K. Film School Outpost in Scotland (From Variety - Film News. 25 August 2017, 2:15 AM, PDT)
- National Film and Television School to expand to Scotland by Jennie Kermode - 2017-08-25 01:08:01 (From eyeforfilm.co.uk. 24 August 2017, 5:08 PM, PDT)
Kevin Bridges (II)
- Tiff Stevenson interview: comedy, Buffy, Whedon and more (From Den of Geek. 11 January 2016, 6:44 AM, PST)
- Win A Signed Copy Of Kevin Bridges A Whole Different Story… Live On DVD! (From Obsessed with Film. 21 December 2015, 4:17 AM, PST)
- Comedy: the best standup gigs and tours in autumn 2015 (From The Guardian - TV News. 7 September 2015, 10:00 PM, PDT)
- The Aidc extends its FACTory deadline, adds to guest line-up (From IF.com.au. 11 January 2016, 8:49 PM, PST)
- Film Review: Trouble Sleeping (From The Hollywood Reporter - Movie News. 19 June 2008)