Never one to shy away from political or controversial issues, Stone’s career heights have seen him tackle the Vietnam War (Platoon, Born on the Fourth of July), Us Presidents (JFK, W., Nixon), Cuban leader Fidel Castro (Comandante, Looking for Fidel), and Venezuelan President Hugo Chávez (South of the Border).
Recent efforts like Savages and Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps have largely been regarded as minor works from the renowned filmmaker, and taking on a project like Snowden’s story has ignited hope that Stone is about to return to form.
The writer-director has a history of working with some of the biggest names in the industry, and all eyes are turning to who he »
- Kenji Lloyd
Similar News ItemsBen Affleck
- Batman V Superman Wonder Woman To Be Extremely Old,New Spoiler (From OnTheFlix. 23 May 2015, 1:00 PM, PDT)
- In Defence Of... Ben Affleck's Daredevil (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 23 May 2015, 1:00 AM, PDT)
- Empire's Ant-Man Covers Unveiled (From EmpireOnline. 22 May 2015, 6:35 PM, PDT)
Oliver Stone (I)
- Vendian, Insiders partner on 'Flag Day' (From ScreenDaily. 19 May 2015, 10:00 PM, PDT)
- 10 Things You Didn’t Know About Rosario Dawson (From Obsessed with Film. 19 May 2015, 7:41 AM, PDT)
- Fiction version of 'The Forecaster' planned (From ScreenDaily. 18 May 2015, 10:00 PM, PDT)
- The Dark Knight and Man of Steel square off in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice promo art (From Flickeringmyth. 18 May 2015, 4:01 PM, PDT)
- ‘Our Man in Tehran’ is a thrilling history lesson (From SoundOnSight. 14 May 2015, 4:02 PM, PDT)
- Argo 2 Is Not, In Any Way, The Sequel You Think That It Is (From Cinema Blend. 14 May 2015, 9:13 AM, PDT)