Never one to shy away from political or controversial issues, Stone’s career heights have seen him tackle the Vietnam War (Platoon, Born on the Fourth of July), Us Presidents (JFK, W., Nixon), Cuban leader Fidel Castro (Comandante, Looking for Fidel), and Venezuelan President Hugo Chávez (South of the Border).
Recent efforts like Savages and Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps have largely been regarded as minor works from the renowned filmmaker, and taking on a project like Snowden’s story has ignited hope that Stone is about to return to form.
The writer-director has a history of working with some of the biggest names in the industry, and all eyes are turning to who he »
- Kenji Lloyd
Similar News ItemsBen Affleck
- Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie and the search for the perfect PR Hollywood divorce (From The Guardian - Film News. 24 September 2016, 4:04 PM, PDT)
- Quantum Mechanix releases Harley Quinn Q-Fig from Suicide Squad (From Flickeringmyth. 24 September 2016, 8:30 AM, PDT)
- The Week in Spandex – Time-Warner chief says DC has room for improvement, Avengers: Infinity War plot details, Marvel planning Phase Four, Poison Ivy’s transformation and more (From Flickeringmyth. 24 September 2016, 4:25 AM, PDT)
Oliver Stone (I)
- Oliver Stone: making 'Snowden' was a “desperate venture” (From ScreenDaily. 24 September 2016, 1:38 PM, PDT)
- Zurich Summit: Snapchat, gaming, Vr offer new creative opportunities (From ScreenDaily. 24 September 2016, 4:22 AM, PDT)
- Stone: Us state security way beyond East German Stasi by Amber Wilkinson (From eyeforfilm.co.uk. 24 September 2016, 2:33 AM, PDT)
- Check out the Ultimate Batcave playset from Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (From Flickeringmyth. 23 September 2016, 8:40 AM, PDT)
- Review: In The Lovers And The Despot, Truth Is Stranger Than Fiction (From Screen Anarchy. 22 September 2016, 7:00 AM, PDT)
- Alexandre Desplat to score Luc Besson’s Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets (From Flickeringmyth. 21 September 2016, 8:57 AM, PDT)