Lionsgate investors who presumed there was no more value to wring out of “The Hunger Games” beyond its final installment next year got a nice surprise last week. CEO Jon Feltheimer announced a new way to capitalize on the mega-franchise: A touring exhibition devoted to the movie will kick off next summer, the first element of a bigger plan aimed at putting the studio in the theme park business.
Indeed, blockbuster entertainment franchises are getting integrated into the parks with increasing frequency. Universal Studios Hollywood unveiled Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem in April, expanded with Super Silly Fun Land, the seaside carnival featured in the film. Up next: Universal is teaming with Warner Bros. to open Diagon Alley, a faithful re-creation of the London location from the “Harry Potter” films, on June 20.
As part of the massive expansion of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, Universal Studios Florida built a »
- Marc Graser
Similar News ItemsSteven Spielberg
- Charlotte Le Bon Talks The Hundred Foot Journey, Robert Zemeckis’ The Walk, How She Got Into Acting, and More (From Collider.com. 30 July 2014, 3:08 PM, PDT)
- 20 Best Gaming Cutscenes Ever (From Obsessed with Film. 30 July 2014, 12:07 PM, PDT)
- Emmys 2014: Who Should Win Lead Actor in a Drama? Take Our Poll! (From TVLine.com. 30 July 2014, 9:20 AM, PDT)
Warner Bros. [us]
- 10 questions we still have for Marvel and Warner Bros. after Comic-Con (From Hitfix. 31 July 2014, 1:30 AM, PDT)
- Chris Terrio Returning To Write Warner Bros’ ‘Justice League’ (From The Hollywood News. 31 July 2014, 12:30 AM, PDT)
- Is Warner Brothers Considering Dragons of Pern Their Next big Franchise? (From Cinelinx. 30 July 2014, 7:01 PM, PDT)
The Hunger Games (2012)
- The Hunger Games Star Wes Chatham and Wife, Jenn Brown, Are Expecting a Baby! (From E! Online. 30 July 2014, 7:50 PM, PDT)
- Gorgeous New Interstellar Trailer Hits (From ComicBookMovie. 30 July 2014, 7:42 PM, PDT)
- 5 Ways Hollywood Can Improve Comic-Con (From Variety - Film News. 30 July 2014, 1:31 PM, PDT)