We had the pleasure of speaking to Ti on the phone, discussing the challenges that come with the handheld footage sub-genre, ensuring that his feel is steeped in realism – in spite of the overstated, cinematic approach – while he discusses his upcoming feature In a Valley of Violence, which stars a certain John Travolta…
The film is of course presented as a faux-Vice documentary. How did they come to be involved, and why them in particular?
I wanted to use a real brand to do this fake documentary thing, and you know, what Vice are doing is really cool and they’re at the forefront of video journalism and embedded journalism, and doing these fringe stories. But more importantly, in »
- Stefan Pape
Similar News ItemsLouis C.K.
- Some thoughts on 'Horace and Pete' episode 2 (From Hitfix. 8 February 2016, 9:00 AM, PST)
- Watch Glenn Danzig Revamp Fred Armisen's Goth Style on 'Portlandia' (From Rolling Stone. 8 February 2016, 8:40 AM, PST)
- Super Bowl TV Spot For The Secret Life Of Pets Introduces The Gang (From We Got This Covered. 8 February 2016, 8:06 AM, PST)
John Travolta (I)
- Cuba Gooding Jr. on ‘People v. O.J. Simpson’: ‘I’m Not Here to Prove His Innocence or Guilt’ (From Variety - TV News. 9 February 2016, 10:45 AM, PST)
- ‘The People v. O.J. Simpson’ Sets More FX Records in 3-Day Ratings (From Variety - TV News. 8 February 2016, 11:07 AM, PST)
- These Trading Cards Tell You Everything You Need to Know About O.J. Simpson Mania (From Vulture. 8 February 2016, 10:49 AM, PST)
- 'Under the Shadow,' 'Sing Street' and More Round Out 2016 SXSW Lineup (From Indiewire. 9 February 2016, 12:00 PM, PST)
- Beautiful Girls 20 Years Later: Where Is the Cast Now? (From PEOPLE.com. 9 February 2016, 9:45 AM, PST)
- ‘Goosebumps’ Star Odeya Rush Signs With Mgmt Entertainment (Exclusive) (From The Wrap. 8 February 2016, 12:08 PM, PST)