We had the pleasure of speaking to Ti on the phone, discussing the challenges that come with the handheld footage sub-genre, ensuring that his feel is steeped in realism – in spite of the overstated, cinematic approach – while he discusses his upcoming feature In a Valley of Violence, which stars a certain John Travolta…
The film is of course presented as a faux-Vice documentary. How did they come to be involved, and why them in particular?
I wanted to use a real brand to do this fake documentary thing, and you know, what Vice are doing is really cool and they’re at the forefront of video journalism and embedded journalism, and doing these fringe stories. But more importantly, in »
- Stefan Pape
Similar News ItemsLouis C.K.
- The Power of Pamela on "Better Things" (From FilmExperience. 21 September 2017, 1:30 PM, PDT)
- Rushes. Louis C.K., Netflix vs. Film History, Twin Peaks Finale (From MUBI. 20 September 2017, 5:18 PM, PDT)
- Review: I Love You, Daddy (Tiff) (From JoBlo. 20 September 2017, 2:56 PM, PDT)
John Travolta (I)
- Judi Dench to Receive Santa Barbara International Film Festival’s Kirk Douglas Award (From Variety - Film News. 20 September 2017, 9:30 AM, PDT)
- Toronto Film Review: ‘Razzia’ (From Variety - Film News. 19 September 2017, 12:15 AM, PDT)
- Saban Films Acquires Us Distribution Rights to Remake of George A. Romero’s Day Of The Dead (From DailyDead. 11 September 2017, 11:24 AM, PDT)
- Adam Baldwin Cast In ‘The Kid’; Denise Richards, Joey Lawrence Join ‘Pistachio’ (From Deadline. 21 September 2017, 1:09 PM, PDT)
- Vincent D’Onofrio Sets Jake Schur In Title Role Of ‘The Kid’ (From Deadline. 20 September 2017, 2:32 PM, PDT)
- Tiff 2017 Report Card: Critics Rank the Best Films and Performances (From Indiewire. 18 September 2017, 10:41 AM, PDT)