With the recent release of “Maleficent,” which grossed more than $170 million worldwide in its opening weekend, Disney is working fast on its next live-action fairytale adaptation.
The plot details are unknown at this time.
The studio’s 1991 animated feature version of “Beauty and the Beast” grossed more than $375 million worldwide, spawned a Broadway play and became one of the few animated pics to receive a best picture Oscar nomination.
Disney has been on a role lately by both updating classic domains like “Alice and Wonderland” and “Wizard of Oz,” while also reinventing its own stories into big box office hits. The Mouse House is also developing a live-action version of “The Jungle Book,” which has Jon Favreau directing, and its “Cinderella,” helmed by Kenneth Branagh, »
- Justin Kroll
Similar News ItemsJon Favreau (I)
- Latest Poster For The Legend Of Tarzan Divides Human From Nature (From We Got This Covered. 25 May 2016, 11:34 AM, PDT)
- What It Would Take For Joss Whedon To Direct Another McU Movie (From Cinema Blend. 24 May 2016, 12:17 PM, PDT)
- Bill Condon's the right director of 'Beauty and the Beast' for one major reason (From Hitfix. 23 May 2016, 3:55 PM, PDT)
- Wallander: Kenneth Branagh Says Goodbye and Thank You (From TVSeriesFinale. 23 May 2016, 8:13 PM, PDT)
- Ynms: Beauty and the Beast (From FilmExperience. 23 May 2016, 3:45 PM, PDT)
- First Dunkirk Set Photos Emerge as Christopher Nolan Begins Shooting (From MovieWeb. 23 May 2016, 10:28 AM, PDT)
- Watch the Teaser for the Live-Action ‘Beauty and the Beast’ (From SoundOnSight. 24 May 2016, 1:31 PM, PDT)
- Beauty And The Beast Teaser Trailer Sucks You In… Really Just With Voices (From AreYouScreening. 24 May 2016, 8:27 AM, PDT)
- Emma Watson in the trailer for Disney's live-action Beauty and the Beast – video (From The Guardian - Film News. 24 May 2016, 3:15 AM, PDT)