London — Endemol U.K. has launched Remarkable Games, a production arm that will specialize in game-show formats.
The new company, which will sit within Remarkable Television, is to be headed by James Fox, former head of entertainment at Remarkable Television. Fox steps up to become creative director of Remarkable Games, reporting to Remarkable Television’s joint managing directors Nick Mather and Colette Foster.
Fox will be responsible for creating, developing and executive producing a new portfolio of gameshow formats.
Remarkable’s existing hits in the genre include “Pointless,” which airs on BBC One, and “The Million Pound Drop,” which is returning to Channel 4 this summer, and has been adapted in more than 50 countries.
Other credits include recent commissions such as “Ejector Seat,” which launched on ITV in April, and “Two Tribes,” which is coming soon on BBC Two.
Remarkable Games will also work closely with Endemol U.K.’s commercial and digital teams, »
- Leo Barraclough
Similar News ItemsChannel 4 [gb]
- Jeremy Paxman reveals love for reality TV over Newsnight (From The Guardian - TV News. 27 April 2015, 4:01 PM, PDT)
- Sheffield Doc/Fest unveils MeetMarket projects (From ScreenDaily. 27 April 2015, 9:12 AM, PDT)
- BBC2's viewers have 'punk' mindset despite their age, says its controller (From The Guardian - TV News. 27 April 2015, 3:56 AM, PDT)
BBC Two [gb]
- BBC Two is looking for the best mobile phone seller for its new show Phone Shop Idol (From Digital Spy - TV news. 27 April 2015, 2:12 PM, PDT)
- Jessica Hynes: 'I was disappointed by Up the Women axing' (From Digital Spy - TV news. 27 April 2015, 11:00 AM, PDT)
- Bad news, Line of Duty fans: Keeley Hawes rules out a series 3 comeback (From Digital Spy - TV news. 27 April 2015, 9:54 AM, PDT)
"Deal or No Deal" (2005)
- Monday’s best TV (From The Guardian - TV News. 19 April 2015, 10:00 PM, PDT)
- YouTube Prankster Roman Atwood Covers Howie Mandel’s House In Toilet Paper (From Tubefilter News. 17 March 2015, 10:05 AM, PDT)
- Howie Mandel Targeted in Most Epic Toilet Paper Prank Ever -- And He Is Not Amused! (From Us Weekly. 17 March 2015, 9:06 AM, PDT)