When it comes to the greatest career turnarounds in Hollywood, it’s hard to look past Robert Downey Jr.; a decade ago he couldn’t even get insured for a movie role, and now he’s the highest-paid star in Hollywood – thanks to The Avengers and Iron Man 3, which grossed close to $3 billion between them – not to mention the crown jewel of Marvel’s Cinematic Universe.
Before he reprises the role of Iron Man for next year’s Avengers: Age of Ultron, Rdj has returned to his indie roots, reuniting with Iron Man and Iron Man 2 director Jon Favreau for the comedy Chef, and during a recent interview Favreau has spoken about the “big gamble” of casting the actor as Stark in 2008′s Iron Man:
- Gary Collinson
Similar News ItemsRobert Downey Jr.
- How Jeff Bridges’ Obadiah Stane Became the Main ‘Iron Man’ Villain (From Slash Film. 19 October 2017, 1:30 PM, PDT)
- Could Obadiah Stane Return To The McU? (From We Got This Covered. 19 October 2017, 12:15 PM, PDT)
- Emilio Estevez Is the Most Profitable Actor in Hollywood (From MovieWeb. 19 October 2017, 9:28 AM, PDT)
Iron Man (2008)
- Thor: Ragnarok impresses on Rotten Tomatoes with highest score of any Marvel Studios movie (From Flickeringmyth. 20 October 2017, 12:04 PM, PDT)
- Why The Russos are probably done with Avengers movies after Infinity War (From JoBlo. 20 October 2017, 10:06 AM, PDT)
- Josh Brolin discusses his experience on Marvel’s Avengers: Infinity War, compares the film to The Godfather (From Flickeringmyth. 20 October 2017, 8:45 AM, PDT)
The Avengers (2012)
- Scarlett Johansson Leads Avengers Cast in Puerto Rico Benefit Event (From MovieWeb. 20 October 2017, 1:13 PM, PDT)
- The Avengers Assemble For Puerto Rico Hurricane Relief (From Slash Film. 20 October 2017, 11:00 AM, PDT)
- Scarlett Johansson Sets 'Our Town' Reading With 'Avengers' Cast for Puerto Rico Relief (From The Hollywood Reporter - Movie News. 20 October 2017, 8:41 AM, PDT)