When it comes to the greatest career turnarounds in Hollywood, it’s hard to look past Robert Downey Jr.; a decade ago he couldn’t even get insured for a movie role, and now he’s the highest-paid star in Hollywood – thanks to The Avengers and Iron Man 3, which grossed close to $3 billion between them – not to mention the crown jewel of Marvel’s Cinematic Universe.
Before he reprises the role of Iron Man for next year’s Avengers: Age of Ultron, Rdj has returned to his indie roots, reuniting with Iron Man and Iron Man 2 director Jon Favreau for the comedy Chef, and during a recent interview Favreau has spoken about the “big gamble” of casting the actor as Stark in 2008′s Iron Man:
- Gary Collinson
Similar News ItemsRobert Downey Jr.
- Will Marvel's 'Spider-Man' Get Captain America and Iron Man? (From MovieWeb. 29 November 2015, 5:40 PM, PST)
- Sebastian Stan Dishes On Bucky’s Role In Captain America: Civil War (From We Got This Covered. 29 November 2015, 2:52 PM, PST)
- "Captain America: Civil War" - More Leaked Footage (From SneakPeek. 29 November 2015, 10:12 AM, PST)
The Avengers (2012)
- Marvel's Spider-Man Movie May Feature 2 Other Huge Characters (From Cinema Blend. 29 November 2015, 11:48 AM, PST)
- Captain America: Civil War in-depth trailer analysis (From Shadowlocked. 28 November 2015, 3:37 PM, PST)
- 'Captain America: Civil War' Trailer Breakdown with the Russo Bros. (From MovieWeb. 25 November 2015, 2:39 PM, PST)
Iron Man (2008)
- Rumor: Will Captain America and Iron Man Swing By the New ‘Spider-Man’? (From Slash Film. 30 November 2015, 7:30 AM, PST)
- The 'Civil War' Trailer Is Even Better as a Bromance Set to Adele's 'Hello' (From Moviefone. 30 November 2015, 7:00 AM, PST)
- Spider-Man: Did Robert Downey Jr Spoil Captain America And Iron Man? (From Obsessed with Film. 30 November 2015, 2:52 AM, PST)