When it comes to the greatest career turnarounds in Hollywood, it’s hard to look past Robert Downey Jr.; a decade ago he couldn’t even get insured for a movie role, and now he’s the highest-paid star in Hollywood – thanks to The Avengers and Iron Man 3, which grossed close to $3 billion between them – not to mention the crown jewel of Marvel’s Cinematic Universe.
Before he reprises the role of Iron Man for next year’s Avengers: Age of Ultron, Rdj has returned to his indie roots, reuniting with Iron Man and Iron Man 2 director Jon Favreau for the comedy Chef, and during a recent interview Favreau has spoken about the “big gamble” of casting the actor as Stark in 2008′s Iron Man:
- Gary Collinson
Similar News ItemsRobert Downey Jr.
- Directors: Marsh, Taylor, Lee, Farrelly, Michell (From Dark Horizons. 28 January 2015, 3:45 AM, PST)
- Robert Downey Jr. Is Going To Give Us A Really Sad World War II Movie (From Cinema Blend. 27 January 2015, 5:37 PM, PST)
- New VOD and Streaming Movies, Plus: 'Nightcrawler' Sneaks Home Two Weeks Before Disc (From Movies.com. 27 January 2015, 4:30 PM, PST)
The Avengers (2012)
- 'Hunger Games' Star Liam Hemsworth Offered 'Independence Day 2' (From FirstShowing.net. 27 January 2015, 1:13 PM, PST)
- Exclusive: The Judge Blu-ray Bonus Feature with Robert Downey Jr. and Vera Farmiga (From TheHDRoom. 27 January 2015, 12:12 PM, PST)
- Snyder Meets Marvel in 'Watchmen' vs. 'Avengers' Trailer Mashup (From Rope Of Silicon. 27 January 2015, 11:05 AM, PST)
Iron Man (2008)
- Robert Downey Jr. Offers Insight Into ‘Captain America: Civil War’ (From Slash Film. 27 January 2015, 10:30 AM, PST)
- Downey Is Why Third Captain Is "Civil War" (From Dark Horizons. 27 January 2015, 5:10 AM, PST)
- Captain America 3: Daniel Bruhl's role revealed (From Den of Geek. 26 January 2015, 10:57 PM, PST)