I’ve watched a fair few films in my 19 and a half years on planet Earth. It’s now my job to watch them, and it’s films like The Infinite Man that make the whole slog worth it. When you’re charged with sitting through, then over-analyzing, handfuls of movies at a time, it’s worryingly easy to wind up alienated from the whole process. It’s these kind of films that really wake me up. Those rare, truly special experiences that remind me why I started loving movies in the first place.
I feel privileged to have watched The Infinite Man, and its effortless brilliance and aching humanity will stay with me until I depart this mortal coil, or get caught in an infinite time loop – whichever happens first.
And it’s time loops that are on protagonist Dean’s (Josh McConville) mind for most of the film. »
- Dominic Mill
Similar News ItemsEternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (2004)
- James Schamus, Dorit Hakim to attend UK Jewish film fest (From ScreenDaily. 23 September 2016, 6:13 AM, PDT)
- "Nocturnal Animals" Posters (From FilmExperience. 8 September 2016, 9:01 PM, PDT)
- First two clips from Ana Lily Amirpour’s The Bad Batch unveiled (From Flickeringmyth. 7 September 2016, 1:02 AM, PDT)
- Dolph Lundgren Helps Set the Record Straight on ‘Rocky IV’ — Fantastic Fest Video (From Indiewire. 24 September 2016, 10:46 AM, PDT)
- Horror Highlights: Guillermo del Toro Signed Memorabilia, Friday The 13th Pins, Fantastic Fest Shorts, Dr. West: A Reanimated Parody, As The Blade Cuts (From DailyDead. 13 September 2016, 8:20 AM, PDT)
- David Lowery On ‘Pete’s Dragon’: How a Microbudget Filmmaker Became Disney’s Secret Weapon (From Indiewire. 9 August 2016, 1:11 PM, PDT)
- ‘Memory Box’ Exclusive Clip: Mackenzie Davis And Shane Carruth Star In Sci-Fi Short Film About Memory Recreation (From Indiewire. 21 September 2016, 2:39 PM, PDT)
- Ron Howard’s ‘Breakthrough’ Gets Second Season at Nat Geo (Exclusive) (From Variety - TV News. 25 July 2016, 12:00 PM, PDT)
- Recommended Discs & Deals: ‘Knight of Cups,’ ‘Midnight Special,’ ‘Embrace of the Serpent,’ and More (From The Film Stage. 21 June 2016, 7:56 AM, PDT)