Avco Center Cinemas, Westwood, CA
Prometheus (2012) starred Noomi Rapace, Michael Fassbender, Charlize Theron and Idris Elba, was well received by critics and subsequently a box office hit. The sequel is scheduled for a release in March 2016.
I’ll bet Scott never thought in a million years that he’d be scouting locations for another Alien movie almost 35 years to the day after the original hit theaters.
Jump back to opening weekend… May 25, 1979. “In space no one can hear you scream”
I was a 12 year girl when my mother, after much pleading, took me to the Showcase Cinemas in East Hartford, Ct on that Friday night. These were the days prior to the words “spoilers” and “internet” when audiences went into a film blind and when parents didn’t take their children to R rated movies. »
- Michelle McCue
Similar News ItemsMichael Fassbender
- Aaron Sorkin Still In Bed With John Edwards Exposé ‘The Politician’ (From Deadline New York. 18 December 2014, 3:11 PM, PST)
- The Sony hacking crisis: timeline (From ScreenDaily. 18 December 2014, 4:00 AM, PST)
- Film Casting: Creed, When The Bough Breaks, Viola Davis in Suicide Squad (From Film-Book. 17 December 2014, 9:32 PM, PST)
- Roger Deakins looks back on 'Nineteen Eighty-Four' and the days of cinema alchemy (From Hitfix. 18 December 2014, 12:25 PM, PST)
- Series of Alien Tribute Art for the 35th Anniversary of the Film (From GeekTyrant. 18 December 2014, 9:50 AM, PST)
- Kristen Wiig says she was 'terrified' to shoot Ridley Scott's 'The Martian' (From Hitfix. 17 December 2014, 8:35 PM, PST)
- Anthony Mackie, Helmer Justin Simien ‘Make A Wish’ At Paramount (From Deadline New York. 18 December 2014, 12:11 PM, PST)
- See How the Minions Got to New York in New Minions Clip (From Collider.com. 17 December 2014, 10:44 AM, PST)
- The Minions Are Up To No Good In New Clip From Despicable Me Spinoff (From We Got This Covered. 17 December 2014, 9:49 AM, PST)