After Gawker’s leaked script threw a massive monkey wrench into Quentin Tarantino’s plans to direct The Hateful Eight, it’s still unclear what the director’s next project will be. The Hateful Eight lawsuit was dropped, a star-studded live reading took place and insider rumors suggested that Tarantino was ready to again move forward with the film. However, at a Cannes press conference celebrating the 20th anniversary of his landmark Pulp Fiction, the director was mostly silent about The Hateful Eight. Instead, he let slip that he was actually mulling a return to one of his previous films: slavery western Django Unchained.
Apparently, Tarantino wants to revisit Django Unchained as a four-hour TV miniseries. The original film ran 165 minutes, which many critics found to be excessive, but the director had to cut out about 90 minutes of footage to even make that runtime.
“I have about 90 minutes worth of material with Django. »
- Isaac Feldberg
Similar News ItemsPeter Jackson (I)
- We Need To Talk About The Word “Remake” (From FilmSchoolRejects. 23 March 2017, 12:52 PM, PDT)
- Review — ‘Life’ Finds a Way to Deliver Slick Thrills Despite the Generic Setup (From FilmSchoolRejects. 23 March 2017, 12:03 PM, PDT)
- Chasing Kong (From MUBI. 23 March 2017, 6:13 AM, PDT)
- Kurt Russell's Entire Life Has Been Leading Up to 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' (From Entertainment Tonight. 24 March 2017, 10:00 AM, PDT)
- Martin McDonagh’s New Film Has a Trailer, More Broken Humanity (From FilmSchoolRejects. 24 March 2017, 9:12 AM, PDT)
- ‘Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri’ Trailer: Frances McDormand and Martin McDonagh Go to War Against Racist Cops (From Indiewire. 23 March 2017, 9:52 AM, PDT)
Django Unchained (2012)
- 19 Facts You Didn’t Know about the Movie Django Unchained (From TVovermind.com. 24 March 2017, 5:00 AM, PDT)
- Falling DVD & Blu-ray sales, and an era passing (From Den of Geek. 21 March 2017, 2:58 PM, PDT)
- Giveaway – Win Vengeance on DVD (From Flickeringmyth. 19 March 2017, 1:00 AM, PDT)