Manuel Chiche, co-founder of Wild Side, a leading distributor of upscale genre movies in France like Nicolas Winding Refn’s “Drive,” Park Chan-wook’s “Old Boy” and Bong Joon-ho’s “Snowpiercer,” is now set to launch the Jokers, a Paris-based production and distribution house.
Whereas Wild Side, which was backed by Wild Bunch, only handled financing and distribution, the Jokers will be fully involved in developing and producing indie films, with an emphasis on emerging and up-and-coming genre helmers.
“Going independent and officially stepping into production was a natural evolution for me. I’ve formed strong bonds with talents like Winding Refn and Bong since their debuts, advising them at script stage all the way to the editing room, and I’m now looking forward to take our collaborations to the next level,” Chiche told Variety in an exclusive interview.
“There is a promising new generation of filmmakers, such as »
- Elsa Keslassy
Similar News ItemsRyan Gosling
- La La Land Movie Review #EmmaStone (From ShockYa. 4 December 2016, 8:05 PM, PST)
- Watch Emma Stone and the Cast of SNL Completely Lose It During This Sketch (From BuzzSugar. 4 December 2016, 5:00 PM, PST)
- Moana Wins Box Office Weekend #2 with $28.3M (From MovieWeb. 4 December 2016, 12:04 PM, PST)
- La La Land leads the nominations for the 2016 Critics’ Choice Awards (From Flickeringmyth. 3 December 2016, 3:51 AM, PST)
- The 2017 Critics Choice Awards nominations are in (From The Hollywood News. 1 December 2016, 11:45 PM, PST)
- Arrival, La La Land And Fences Lead Nominees For 2016 Critics’ Choice Awards (From We Got This Covered. 1 December 2016, 10:04 AM, PST)
Nicolas Winding Refn
- Adam Nayman on the Confusion and Carnage of Ben Wheatley (From The Film Stage. 1 December 2016, 1:00 PM, PST)
- Weekly Rushes. Cahiers Top 10, Hopper's Records, Wes Anderson Returns, Tarkovsky's Notes (From MUBI. 30 November 2016, 4:45 PM, PST)
- The Top Tens Begin... Neon Demon? (From FilmExperience. 29 November 2016, 7:00 PM, PST)