Manuel Chiche, co-founder of Wild Side, a leading distributor of upscale genre movies in France like Nicolas Winding Refn’s “Drive,” Park Chan-wook’s “Old Boy” and Bong Joon-ho’s “Snowpiercer,” is now set to launch the Jokers, a Paris-based production and distribution house.
Whereas Wild Side, which was backed by Wild Bunch, only handled financing and distribution, the Jokers will be fully involved in developing and producing indie films, with an emphasis on emerging and up-and-coming genre helmers.
“Going independent and officially stepping into production was a natural evolution for me. I’ve formed strong bonds with talents like Winding Refn and Bong since their debuts, advising them at script stage all the way to the editing room, and I’m now looking forward to take our collaborations to the next level,” Chiche told Variety in an exclusive interview.
“There is a promising new generation of filmmakers, such as »
- Elsa Keslassy
Similar News ItemsRyan Gosling
- “Bridge of Spies” represents one of the few unseen Oscar hopefuls left (From Hollywoodnews.com. 2 October 2015, 5:52 AM, PDT)
- Might Ridley Scott's Blade Runner 'franchise' cause tears in rain? (From The Guardian - Film News. 2 October 2015, 5:22 AM, PDT)
- Ridley Scott Discusses Blade Runner 2, Ryan Gosling’s Role And More (From We Got This Covered. 1 October 2015, 8:44 AM, PDT)
- 'Maniac Cop' Remake Shoots This Spring in New York (From MovieWeb. 1 October 2015, 4:13 PM, PDT)
- Maniac Cop Remake Planned to Start Filming Early Next Year (From DailyDead. 30 September 2015, 5:20 PM, PDT)
- ‘Maniac Cop’ Remake to Shoot in Spring in New York (From Variety - Film News. 30 September 2015, 2:28 PM, PDT)
Michael C. Hall (I)
- 1 Way to Kickstart Diversity (From Backstage. 5 October 2015, 11:57 AM, PDT)
- 10 Years Later, This Remains the Best TV Ending of All Time (From E! Online. 21 August 2015, 11:12 AM, PDT)
- Did 'Dexter' Have the Most Disappointing Finale of All Time? This Graph Says Yes (From Moviefone. 21 August 2015, 7:00 AM, PDT)