The companies plan to release he musical romance, directed and written by Kate Barker-Froyland, this fall. Film Arcade will distribute the film theatrically, while Cinedigm handles ancillary distribution.
The film, set against the backdrop of the folk music scene in Brooklyn, debuted at Sundance in January.
Hathaway stars as an anthropologist doing research in Morocco who returns to New York when her brother (Ben Rosenfield) falls into a coma after an accident. Hathaway’s character seeks out musicians that her brother loved, including his idol James Forester (Johnny Flynn), in order to reconnect with him.
The pic also stars Mary Steenburgen as Hathaway’s mom.
“We love the authenticity of the family relationships, the romantic chemistry of the leads and the incredible role the original music plays in Kate’s film,” said Film Arcade’s Andy Bohn and Vincent Scordino, »
- Maane Khatchatourian
Similar News ItemsAnne Hathaway
- Director/ writer/ actor Gary Marshall dies at age 81 (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 22 July 2016, 9:49 PM, PDT)
- The BBC announces six-part adaptation of Les Miserables (From Flickeringmyth. 21 July 2016, 11:25 PM, PDT)
- Anne Hathaway Pays Tribute to Princess Diaries Director Garry Marshall: He 'Was Goodness Itself' (From PEOPLE.com. 20 July 2016, 4:40 PM, PDT)
- Comic-Con 2016: Scream Factory Announces 13 New Titles, Including Black Christmas, Willard, Bubba Ho-tep (From DailyDead. 22 July 2016, 10:46 PM, PDT)
- On this day: Lady Jane, Devil Dolls, Bergman Wedding, Phase Three (From FilmExperience. 10 July 2016, 8:00 AM, PDT)
- Comic-Con 2016: Game of Thrones, Orphan Black Added to Panel Lineup (From TVLine.com. 28 June 2016, 1:03 PM, PDT)
Jenny Lewis (I)
- Watch Dave Grohl Recall 'Austin City Limits' Influence in New Doc (From Rolling Stone. 10 May 2016, 7:41 AM, PDT)
- Get Ready for The Boss by Celebrating That Other Girl Scout Classic Troop Beverly Hills (From PEOPLE.com. 7 April 2016, 1:50 PM, PDT)
- Top 5 TV: Have Yourself a Murray Little Xmas (From Rolling Stone. 7 December 2015, 8:51 AM, PST)