The Weinstein Company’s buy on Sing Street is a logical fit in light of its ongoing collaboration on Carney’s Toronto hit Begin Again, which opens in the Us on June 27. Wme Global represented Us rights and FilmNation is in talks with international buyers.
Open Road’s Nightcrawler triumph emerged after a pack of buyers including the Weinsteins coalesced rapidly around the Bold Films project on the basis of a promo reel. CAA and Wme Global represent Us rights and Sierra/Affinity handles international sales.
Meanwhile ambitious Bold Films’ Owen Wilson action thriller The Coup was the subject of much attention from The Weinstein Company, Relativity and Open Road and was expected to close shortly. Wme Global and UTA jointly represent Us rights.
- firstname.lastname@example.org (Jeremy Kay)
Similar News ItemsJake Gyllenhaal
- Jóhann Jóhannsson Provides The Beautiful Score For Focus Features’ The Theory Of Everything (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 26 August 2014, 4:13 PM, PDT)
- 'Equalizer', 'Fury', 'Horns', 'Nightcrawler' and More in Today's MPAA Ratings Bulletin (From Rope Of Silicon. 26 August 2014, 3:52 PM, PDT)
- Toronto plans acquisitions push (From ScreenDaily. 22 August 2014, 10:37 PM, PDT)
Owen Wilson (I)
- 'Nightcrawler' Producer Inks First Look Deal With eOne (From The Hollywood Reporter. 27 August 2014, 7:30 AM, PDT)
- Entertainment One Teams with ‘Whiplash’ Producer David Lancaster (From Variety - Film News. 27 August 2014, 7:18 AM, PDT)
- Lake Bell to Direct ‘The Emperor’s Children’ Adaptation (From Variety - Film News. 26 August 2014, 5:07 PM, PDT)
- ‘Game of Thrones,’ '2 Broke Girls,’ ‘Silicon Valley’ Stars Converge at ‘Unscreened Summer Series’ (Exclusive) (From The Wrap. 22 August 2014, 5:04 PM, PDT)
- 5 Celeb Co-Stars Who Became Couples (From newser. 9 August 2014, 6:00 AM, PDT)
- Frank Whaley Heads To ‘The Outskirts'; Holt McCallany Joins ‘The Perfect Guy’ (From Deadline New York. 8 August 2014, 6:06 PM, PDT)