The Weinstein Company’s buy on Sing Street is a logical fit in light of its ongoing collaboration on Carney’s Toronto hit Begin Again, which opens in the Us on June 27. Wme Global represented Us rights and FilmNation is in talks with international buyers.
Open Road’s Nightcrawler triumph emerged after a pack of buyers including the Weinsteins coalesced rapidly around the Bold Films project on the basis of a promo reel. CAA and Wme Global represent Us rights and Sierra/Affinity handles international sales.
Meanwhile ambitious Bold Films’ Owen Wilson action thriller The Coup was the subject of much attention from The Weinstein Company, Relativity and Open Road and was expected to close shortly. Wme Global and UTA jointly represent Us rights.
- email@example.com (Jeremy Kay)
Similar News ItemsJake Gyllenhaal
- Outsider Pictures Handling Sales on Small is Biutiful Title ‘1,200 Souls’ (Exclusive) (From Variety - Film News. 27 June 2017, 5:50 AM, PDT)
- Movie Review: Okja is a messy, go-for-broke satire from the director of Snowpiercer (From The AV Club. 26 June 2017, 10:00 PM, PDT)
- Newsire: Netflix snaps up art world movie from the Nightcrawler team (From The AV Club. 26 June 2017, 10:28 AM, PDT)
Owen Wilson (I)
- Great Job, Internet!: Read This: How Wedding Crashers became “this generation’s Animal House” (From The AV Club. 26 June 2017, 9:34 AM, PDT)
- Box Office: ‘Transformers: The Last Knight’ Assembles $37.5 Million in Three Days’ Time (From Variety - Film News. 24 June 2017, 8:30 AM, PDT)
- Video Movie Review: Cars 3 (2017): Well…At Least It’s Better Than Cars 2 (From Film-Book. 23 June 2017, 7:53 PM, PDT)
- Kat Graham Joins Forest Whitaker, Theo James in Netflix’s ‘How It Ends’ (Exclusive) (From Variety - Film News. 21 June 2017, 12:30 PM, PDT)
- 15 Teen Dramas That Are Still Essential Viewing for Adults (Photos) (From The Wrap. 1 June 2017, 7:27 PM, PDT)
- Gossip Girl: Would Ed Westwick Be in a Revival of the CW Series? (From TVSeriesFinale. 29 May 2017, 9:25 PM, PDT)