Exclusive: Xavier Dolan’s competition entry has triggered a wave of preemptive business in the run-up to its world premiere on the Croisette.
Deals have closed with Diaphana for France, ABC Cinemien for Benelux and Pictures Dept for Japan.
Séville International vp of international sales Anick Poirier has also licensed the drama to Lev Films (Shani) for Israel, Alambique for Portugal and Kurmaca for Turkey.
A deal is understood to be close in South Korea. “Once people see the film I expect offers to come in,” said Poirier.
Mommy follows a widow living alone with her violent son who sees a glimmer of hope when a mysterious female neighbour establishes herself in the household.
- email@example.com (Jeremy Kay)
Similar News ItemsXavier Dolan
- New Dates: Tom, Blumhouse, Daddy, Life (From Dark Horizons. 3 June 2015, 9:03 AM, PDT)
- Amplify Releasing picks up ‘Tom At The Farm’ (From ScreenDaily. 2 June 2015, 1:28 PM, PDT)
- Xavier Dolan's 'Tom at the Farm' Finally Locks Down U.S. Distribution (From Indiewire. 2 June 2015, 12:35 PM, PDT)
- Amplify Releasing Prepare Summer Harvest for Dolan’s “Tom at the Farm” (From ioncinema. 2 June 2015, 3:00 PM, PDT)
- Tom at the Farm: Xavier Dolan’s Psychological Thriller out in August (From shocktillyoudrop. 2 June 2015, 12:18 PM, PDT)
- Xavier Dolan’s ‘Tom at the Farm’ Gets Unrated U.S. Release from Amplify (Exclusive) (From Variety - Film News. 2 June 2015, 11:58 AM, PDT)
- Cannes 2015: La tête haute is a didactic eulogy to the Nanny State (From SoundOnSight. 13 May 2015, 4:51 PM, PDT)
- Now Streaming: Xavier Dolan's Hyperbolic, Hyper-Alive 'Mommy' (From Thompson on Hollywood. 4 May 2015, 11:52 AM, PDT)
- Contest: Win Xavier Dolan's Cannes Winning 'Mommy' On DVD (From The Playlist. 1 May 2015, 2:02 PM, PDT)