Exclusive: Xavier Dolan’s competition entry has triggered a wave of preemptive business in the run-up to its world premiere on the Croisette.
Deals have closed with Diaphana for France, ABC Cinemien for Benelux and Pictures Dept for Japan.
Séville International vp of international sales Anick Poirier has also licensed the drama to Lev Films (Shani) for Israel, Alambique for Portugal and Kurmaca for Turkey.
A deal is understood to be close in South Korea. “Once people see the film I expect offers to come in,” said Poirier.
Mommy follows a widow living alone with her violent son who sees a glimmer of hope when a mysterious female neighbour establishes herself in the household.
- email@example.com (Jeremy Kay)
Similar News ItemsXavier Dolan
- VOD Review: 'Elephant Song' (From CineVue. 14 July 2015, 4:04 PM, PDT)
- Movie Review – Elephant Song (2015) (From Flickeringmyth. 13 July 2015, 12:55 PM, PDT)
- ‘Tom at the Farm’, Xavier Dolan’s long delayed thriller, gets an intense new trailer (From SoundOnSight. 2 July 2015, 1:17 PM, PDT)
- Locarno: Wide Acquires Sales Rights to ‘Our Loved Ones’ (Exclusive) (From Variety - Film News. 27 July 2015, 7:42 AM, PDT)
- DVD Review: 'Mommy' (From CineVue. 21 July 2015, 12:59 PM, PDT)
- Mommy; Accidental Love; The Gunman; The Face of an Angel; Home; Pinocchio – review (From The Guardian - Film News. 18 July 2015, 11:00 PM, PDT)
- Mommy DVD Review (From The Hollywood News. 20 July 2015, 3:45 AM, PDT)
- Cannes 2015: La tête haute is a didactic eulogy to the Nanny State (From SoundOnSight. 13 May 2015, 4:51 PM, PDT)
- Now Streaming: Xavier Dolan's Hyperbolic, Hyper-Alive 'Mommy' (From Thompson on Hollywood. 4 May 2015, 11:52 AM, PDT)