Exclusive: Xavier Dolan’s competition entry has triggered a wave of preemptive business in the run-up to its world premiere on the Croisette.
Deals have closed with Diaphana for France, ABC Cinemien for Benelux and Pictures Dept for Japan.
Séville International vp of international sales Anick Poirier has also licensed the drama to Lev Films (Shani) for Israel, Alambique for Portugal and Kurmaca for Turkey.
A deal is understood to be close in South Korea. “Once people see the film I expect offers to come in,” said Poirier.
Mommy follows a widow living alone with her violent son who sees a glimmer of hope when a mysterious female neighbour establishes herself in the household.
- email@example.com (Jeremy Kay)
Similar News ItemsXavier Dolan
- The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel makes it three in a row at the top of the UK box office (From Flickeringmyth. 18 March 2015, 5:00 AM, PDT)
- Xavier Dolan on Mommy: 'I know very few good parents' - video interview (From The Guardian - Film News. 18 March 2015, 4:45 AM, PDT)
- Mommy Review (From The Hollywood News. 17 March 2015, 4:00 AM, PDT)
- Félix et Meira | Review (From ioncinema. 13 April 2015, 10:30 AM, PDT)
- 'Goat' wins at Vilnius Film Festival (From ScreenDaily. 7 April 2015, 7:32 AM, PDT)
- The Guardian film show: The Divergent Series: Insurgent, Mommy, Home and The Gunman – video reviews (From The Guardian - Film News. 19 March 2015, 9:18 AM, PDT)
- Mommy review: Xavier Dolan's evocative and daring melodrama (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 20 March 2015, 2:30 AM, PDT)
- Movie Review – Mommy (2014) (From Flickeringmyth. 19 March 2015, 11:15 PM, PDT)
- Mommy - video review (From The Guardian - Film News. 19 March 2015, 9:01 AM, PDT)