A few years ago, Alcon Entertainment announced the 90s action movie remake that you never even knew you wanted! Possibly because no one really did want it. Nonetheless, Kathryn Bigelow’s surfer crime thriller Point Break is getting a modern update set in the world of extreme sports, directed by Ericson Core (Invincible) from a script by Kurt Wimmer (Total Recall).
The original movie starred Patrick Swayze as Bodhi, a philosophizing surfer who organizes his surfer buddies into a talented bank robbing crew. Keanu Reeves played Johnny Utah, an FBI agent who investigates the crimes by going undercover in the surfing scene, but ends up being drawn in by Bodhi’s charismatic nature.
Development on the ...
- H. Shaw-Williams
Similar News ItemsGerard Butler (I)
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Actor Pablo Schreiber Joins Gerard Butler Heist Thriller 'Den of Thieves' (From The Hollywood Reporter - Movie News. 19 January 2017, 10:35 AM, PST)
- Pablo Schreiber & O’Shea Jackson Jr. To Co-Star In Crime Thriller ‘Den Of Thieves’ (From Deadline. 19 January 2017, 9:00 AM, PST)
- Could the End Be Near for Beleaguered Relativity Media? (From Variety - Film News. 11 January 2017, 3:00 PM, PST)
- Sundance Film Review: ‘I don’t feel at home in this world anymore.’ (From Variety - Film News. 19 January 2017, 11:34 PM, PST)
- Keanu Reeves Returns To The Continental In This First Clip From John Wick: Chapter 2 (From ComicBookMovie. 19 January 2017, 1:15 PM, PST)
- Overused Movie Trailer Sound Effects Are Slammed In New Supercut — Watch (From Indiewire. 19 January 2017, 10:20 AM, PST)
Kathryn Bigelow (I)
- Q&A: ‘Adult Babies’ creator Joanne Mitchell talks all things horror (From Blogomatic3000. 20 January 2017, 3:01 AM, PST)
- Oscars 2017: What Are Mel Gibson’s Chances of a Best Director Nomination For ‘Hacksaw Ridge’? (From Scott Feinberg. 19 January 2017, 6:00 AM, PST)
- Final Oscar Predictions: 5 Lingering Questions With Nominations on the Way (From Variety - Film News. 18 January 2017, 5:15 PM, PST)