Mum’s the word on the upcoming SAG-AFTRA contract talks.
The performers union and the Alliance of Motion Picture and Television Producers have agreed to a news blackout on their upcoming negotiations on a master contract.
Talks are set to start Monday at the AMPTP headquarters in Sherman Oaks. The lead negotiator for the AMPTP will be President Carol Lombardini. SAG-AFTRA President Ken Howard chairs the union’s negotiating committee and National Executive Director David White will serve as SAG-AFTRA’s chief negotiator.
“The parties also announced that the upcoming negotiations will be conducted under a formal news blackout,” the union and the AMPTP said. “We have no further comment at this time.”
The decision to keep the talks under the radar is not a surprise. Leaders of the performers’ union — who have been assiduously non-confrontational in recent years — have opted to keep a low-profile on the »
- Dave McNary
Similar News ItemsScreen Actors Guild (SAG) [us]
- SAG-aftra Re-Elects Ken Howard as National President (From The Wrap. 20 August 2015, 7:48 PM, PDT)
- SAG-aftra Election: Ken Howard Wins Again, But Running Mate Jenny O’Hara Beaten In Upset (From Deadline TV. 20 August 2015, 7:47 PM, PDT)
- SAG-aftra Election: Ken Howard Wins Again, But Running Mate Jenny O’Hara Beaten In Upset (From Deadline. 20 August 2015, 7:47 PM, PDT)
Ken Howard (I)
- SAG-aftra Re-Elects Clyde Kusatsu as National VP (From Variety - Film News. 2 October 2015, 10:50 PM, PDT)
- Gabrielle Carteris Tops Patricia Richardson for SAG-aftra Exec VP Post (From Variety - TV News. 2 October 2015, 2:46 PM, PDT)
- Patricia Richardson on SAG-aftra Election: ‘Ken Howard Does Not Get a Mandate’ (From Variety - Film News. 21 August 2015, 6:25 PM, PDT)
David White (XIX)
- SAG Health Plan Changes Prompt Protest From Patricia Richardson, Frances Fisher (From Variety - Film News. 27 October 2015, 6:23 PM, PDT)
- SAG-aftra Sets Schedule for Ad Contract Proposals (From Variety - TV News. 6 October 2015, 4:52 PM, PDT)
- SAG-aftra Post-Election: David White’s Power Secure But Guild Bitterly Divided (From Deadline. 22 August 2015, 2:10 PM, PDT)