Directed by Paul W.S. Anderson.
When a lowly gladiator is sent to Pompeii to fight in the arena, a series of tales play out amidst the cataclysmic eruption of Mount Vesuvius.
With the evolution of effects in movies, including the much-covered integration of CGI, it seems like there’s much less room for what is known as the classic good bad movie. What would Roger Corman do with such realistic effects? How does good storytelling, as well as directorial technique, get a chance to flourish and evolve with a bolder, bigger brother taking most of the screen time? This is an exaggerated question, of course. Many movies mix them both well and it seems to be a debate born from convenience when the real question should be placed at the »
- Matt Smith
Similar News ItemsMatt Smith (XI)
- Battle royal: Amazon and Netflix turn to UK talent in TV wars (From The Guardian - TV News. 26 August 2016, 9:33 AM, PDT)
- Terminator: “it’s probably time to leave it where it is” (From Den of Geek. 3 August 2016, 4:44 AM, PDT)
- The Top 100 Your Sinclair Zx Spectrum Games: #25 – Manic Miner (From Flickeringmyth. 3 August 2016, 2:16 AM, PDT)
- Ben Affleck shares footage of Deathstroke (From Flickeringmyth. 29 August 2016, 7:34 AM, PDT)
- Gal Gadot shares behind-the-scenes image of Wonder Woman from Batman v Superman (From Flickeringmyth. 25 August 2016, 3:58 PM, PDT)
- Our 25 Most-Anticipated Fall 2016 Films (From The Film Stage. 25 August 2016, 12:12 PM, PDT)
Kiefer Sutherland (I)
- Can Kiefer Sutherland still handle terrorism in 'Designated Survivor?' (From Hitfix. 30 August 2016, 4:26 PM, PDT)
- 20 new fall TV shows to get excited about (From Hitfix. 30 August 2016, 6:00 AM, PDT)
- 24: Legacy May See The Return Of Mary Lynn Rajskub (From We Got This Covered. 29 August 2016, 5:47 AM, PDT)