In the next few weeks, Fox is expected to spotlight a series that plays off of the popular Batman character, CBS to talk up its new slate of Thursday-night football and NBC to promote its ongoing resurgence in reaching advertisers’ favorite viewers.
The chatter may help the TV giants snare the attention of advertisers. The bigger question: Will it open their wallets?
Predictions call for the broadcast-tv networks to face challenges in securing higher rates from sponsors in the coming “upfront,” that annual spring haggle when U.S. TV outlets try to sell the bulk of their ad inventory to Madison Avenue. Ad buyers have already suggested they will attempt to tamp down the rate of increase in the cost of reaching 1,000 viewers, a measure commonly known as a Cpm that will be at the heart of the intense talks about to take place.
If they are successful, it would »
- Brian Steinberg
Similar News ItemsLeslie Moonves
- ‘Star Trek: Discovery’ Unveils Stellar New Trailer at Comic-Con (Watch) (From Variety - TV News. 22 July 2017, 3:17 PM, PDT)
- CBS Drama Head Christina Davis to Exit (From The Hollywood Reporter - TV News. 20 July 2017, 12:01 PM, PDT)
- CBS Drama Head Christina Davis to Exit (From hollywoodreporter_tv. 20 July 2017, 12:01 PM, PDT)
- ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’ Star Dave Bautista Has No Time for Homophobia (From The Wrap. 8 June 2017, 2:08 PM, PDT)
- Did Barack Obama Really Two-Time Michelle While They Were Dating? Here’s What New Biography Says (From PEOPLE.com. 3 May 2017, 6:06 PM, PDT)
- Barack Obama Allegedly Proposed To Another Woman Before Meeting Michelle Obama (From ET Canada. 3 May 2017, 12:55 PM, PDT)