"The Green Destiny," the upcoming sequel to Ang Lee's acclaimed martial arts fantasy feature "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon," is set to be shot in New Zealand.
The Weinstein Company-produced film will take advantage of the country's newly increased production incentives and will join the soon to film trilogy of "Avatar" sequels which is also scheduled to begin production later this year in New Zealand.
Film Auckland chairman Alex Lee tells Radio New Zealand that the green light for the film was made possible by recent policy changes which now allows major productions to claim back up to 25% of their budget as rebates.
Production on the film is due to start in July and will take place in both New Zealand and China.
- Garth Franklin
Similar News ItemsAvatar (2009)
- 31 Movies That Have Grossed $1 Billion Worldwide (Photos) (From The Wrap. 17 October 2017, 9:30 AM, PDT)
- Movie News: More 'Star Wars' Characters Teased by Ron Howard; Giovanni Ribisi Returning in 'Avatar' Sequels (From Movies.com. 16 October 2017, 2:00 PM, PDT)
- Watch the New Cast of ‘The Avatar Sequels’ Visit Pandora at Animal Kingdom (From Collider.com. 16 October 2017, 9:37 AM, PDT)
- Review - Chasing the Dragon (2017) (From Screen Anarchy. 11 October 2017, 12:08 PM, PDT)
- China’s ‘Never Say Die’ Tops ‘Blade Runner’ at International Box Office (From Variety - Film News. 8 October 2017, 12:33 PM, PDT)
- China Box Office: ‘Never Say Die’ Earns $46 Million to Lead Holiday Weekend (From Variety - Film News. 1 October 2017, 5:57 PM, PDT)
- William Shatner on a potential guest appearance in Star Trek: Discovery (From Flickeringmyth. 19 October 2017, 5:34 AM, PDT)
- James Gunn Teases Old-School Guardians Of The Galaxy In Vol. 3 (From We Got This Covered. 18 October 2017, 9:47 AM, PDT)
- Star Trek: Discovery: Cancelled or Renewed for Season Two on CBS All Access? (From TVSeriesFinale. 11 October 2017, 1:10 AM, PDT)