Washington, Apr 23: After canceling its Everest Jump Live, Discovery Channel will turn the footage it has gathered thus far into a documentary exploring the dangers of Mount Everest following a deadly avalanche that claimed 13 lives.
Climber Joby Ogwyn was poised to be fitted with cameras and leap from the summit of Mount Everest wearing a wingsuit jumper fitted with cameras in a live event that was set to air May 11 in 224 countries and territories.
Discovery canceled the jump on April 20 following the April 18 avalanche that claimed the lives of 13 people in the deadliest avalanche on the world's highest peak,. »
- Shiva Prakash
Similar News ItemsDiscovery Channel [us]
- ‘Million Dollar Duck’ Doc Acquired by Animal Planet and Lionsgate (From Variety - TV News. 25 January 2016, 2:22 PM, PST)
- ‘Million Dollar Duck’ Doc Acquired by Animal Planet and Lionsgate (From Variety - Film News. 25 January 2016, 2:22 PM, PST)
- Matt Stein Named Marketing Svp For Animal Planet & Science Channel (From Deadline TV. 19 January 2016, 9:28 AM, PST)
- Beneath Nik Wallenda’s Tightrope, Discovery and NBC News Face Balancing Act (From Variety - TV News. 29 October 2014, 10:21 AM, PDT)
- Upfronts 2014: Three Lessons TV Can Learn From Cable Pitches (From Variety - TV News. 8 May 2014, 7:00 AM, PDT)
- Everest Climber Joby Ogwyn: Deadly Avalanche 'Looked Like This Big White Dragon' (From PEOPLE.com. 1 May 2014, 12:50 PM, PDT)