Spellbound, the animated test movie from Amazon Studios features five original songs. We asked producer Kevin Bannerman (Anastasia, Ice Age) about the role the songs played and how they shaped the film.
How do songs help shape a movie?
It helps shape the movie’s tone. They can often show screenwriters a side of the character that hasn’t been explored. With a lyricist, the characters can develop a sense of humor and personality through their songs.
What song is the most pivotal in the movie?
Each song is unique in its own way because each individual song has its own special reason for being. “New Breeze Blowing” is important because it takes the relationship between Lottie and Bastien to new heights (pun intended). But “The Road to Riches” is just as important for several reasons: it gives us an insight into Horace, it allows Lottie and Horace to have »
Similar News ItemsBeauty and the Beast (1991)
- Afm Accuses Movie Studios of Bilking Musicians on Reused Music (From Variety - Film News. 27 May 2015, 4:23 PM, PDT)
- 10 Disney Characters Who Deserve Their Own Live-Action Spinoffs (From Slash Film. 27 May 2015, 9:00 AM, PDT)
- Amal Clooney Stuns in Gold Gown at "Tomorrowland" Tokyo Premiere (From TooFab. 26 May 2015, 10:15 AM, PDT)
Ice Age (2002)
- 20th Century Fox Launches Apple iTunes App for Daily ‘Flash Sales’ (From Variety - Film News. 27 May 2015, 8:04 AM, PDT)
- Top 20 Most Profitable Movies That Are Terrible (From Cinelinx. 25 May 2015, 3:00 AM, PDT)
- How the year 2012 helped redefine blockbuster movies (From Den of Geek. 20 May 2015, 11:43 AM, PDT)
- Jason Bateman and Ginnifer Goodwin ready to bring Disney's 'Zootopia' to life (From Hitfix. 6 May 2015, 6:35 PM, PDT)
- Ginnifer Goodwin, Jason Bateman to Voice Disney’s ‘Zootopia’ (From The Wrap. 6 May 2015, 6:17 PM, PDT)
- Disney Animation Welcomes Ginnifer Goodwin & Jason Bateman To Zootopia (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 6 May 2015, 6:13 PM, PDT)