Hong Kong – HBO Asia is to further cut the time delay between the North American screening of its original content and its subsequent screening on its regional Asian feed.
In October last year the company announced that the gap would be cut to a week.
“Whilst this move is no silver bullet to combat piracy, it’s an on-going effort on our part to protect intellectual property, industry, jobs and revenue,” said Jonathan Spink, CEO, HBO Asia. “By offering viewers legitimate content in a timely and more convenient manner, we hope to be able to continue to encourage viewers to support the fight against online piracy.”
New seasons of “Boardwalk Empire,” “The Newsroom” (pictured) and new mini-series “Olive Kitteridge” – will be available either on HBO Asia »
- Patrick Frater
Similar News ItemsSteven Soderbergh
- Demetri Martin Talks Losing Role In Steven Soderbergh’s ‘Moneyball’ (From The Playlist. 26 May 2017, 12:28 PM, PDT)
- Amazon Signs First-Look Deal With Steven Soderbergh’s Film Distribution Firm (From Tubefilter News. 26 May 2017, 8:58 AM, PDT)
- Doctor Who: The Pyramid At The End Of The World review (From Den of Geek. 26 May 2017, 2:25 AM, PDT)
"The Knick" (2014)
- Andre Holland to star in Stephen King series Castle Rock (From Flickeringmyth. 13 May 2017, 6:15 AM, PDT)
- Moonlight’s André Holland To Scale Castle Rock For Hulu And J.J. Abrams (From We Got This Covered. 12 May 2017, 6:56 AM, PDT)
- TVLine Items: Castle Rock Taps Ahs Vet, Netflix's Gypsy Teaser and More (From TVLine.com. 11 May 2017, 12:52 PM, PDT)
- FilMart: HBO Asia Hires Jessica Kam for Production Role (Exclusive) (From Variety - TV News. 14 March 2017, 2:00 PM, PDT)
- HBO Asia in Production on Two Original Chinese TV Movies (From Variety - TV News. 17 August 2016, 10:00 AM, PDT)
- HBO Asia in the Spirit With ‘The Psychic’ Original Series Production (From Variety - TV News. 19 July 2016, 12:05 AM, PDT)