With David Fincher reportedly passing due to demands Sony simply weren’t willing to meet, 127 Hours and Trance director Danny Boyle is now in talks to direct the Aaron Sorkin penned Steve Jobs biopic.
It had previously been reported that Fincher could re-enter talks, but his request for a $10 million upfront fee and control over marketing clearly weren’t something that the studio were willing to budge on.
Fincher apparently wanted Christian Bale for his take on the life of Steve Jobs, but with Academy Award winning director Danny Boyle now in the mix, he’s apparently approached The Wolf of Wall Street’s Leonardo DiCaprio for the title role. This would see the duo reunite for the first time since 2000′s The Beach.
- Josh Wilding
Similar News ItemsLeonardo DiCaprio
- The Ten Most Stylish Guys in Movie History (From The Hollywood Interview. 3 July 2015, 12:39 PM, PDT)
- Scorsese’s return to the casino (From SoundOnSight. 2 July 2015, 10:11 AM, PDT)
- Akshay Kumar featured in Forbes Celebrity 100 List 2015 (From Bollyspice. 2 July 2015, 9:26 AM, PDT)
- Editorial: Sarah Connor is the Soul of the Terminator Franchise (From DailyDead. 3 July 2015, 1:13 PM, PDT)
- Ben Affleck: ‘Daredevil didn’t work’ (From The Hollywood News. 3 July 2015, 12:19 AM, PDT)
- Oscars: Biopics, Diversity Dearth Shape Midyear Race (From Variety - Film News. 2 July 2015, 1:19 PM, PDT)
- Classic Hollywood 'Profiles' Online (From Thompson on Hollywood. 3 July 2015, 2:23 PM, PDT)
- Comic-Con 2015: 10 Must-See Panels (From Collider.com. 3 July 2015, 8:20 AM, PDT)
- Round-Up: Bruce Campbell’s Horror Film Festival, X-Men: Days of Future Past – The Rogue Cut Teaser, Outcast Update (From DailyDead. 3 July 2015, 7:56 AM, PDT)