The Patrol, 2013.
Written and Directed by Tom Petch.
Synopsis: When a Special Forces Operation prompts a Taliban counter attack in Helmand Province, the unit’s three-day patrol hits double figures. Faced with low ammunition, injury and rising tensions under the command of a Captain who is out of touch with his men, the exhausted, disillusioned soldiers question their role in the war.
The Patrol has to be shown to all those who have a belief that being in the army is a just full-on respawn life which exists in Call of Duty and Battlefield 4, where every day you’re a hero and you can survive numerous gunshot wounds by crouching down behind a tree long enough for your health to restore.
Personally I haven’t been in the armed forces but I’ve known »
Similar News ItemsThe Hurt Locker (2008)
- Academy Governors: Let's Go Back to Five Best Picture Nominees (From Thompson on Hollywood. 24 March 2015, 4:12 PM, PDT)
- Vin Diesel: ‘Furious 7′ Will Win Best Picture at the Oscars (From Variety - Film News. 24 March 2015, 1:16 PM, PDT)
- Upcoming Videogame Movies (From Cinelinx. 20 March 2015, 11:05 PM, PDT)
- DVD Review: 'The Patrol' (From CineVue. 22 April 2014, 3:30 AM, PDT)
- Interview: Tom Petch, writer-director of The Patrol (From Flickeringmyth. 20 April 2014, 2:22 AM, PDT)
- Epic goes on The Patrol (From ScreenDaily. 12 March 2014, 3:16 AM, PDT)