The Patrol, 2013.
Written and Directed by Tom Petch.
Synopsis: When a Special Forces Operation prompts a Taliban counter attack in Helmand Province, the unit’s three-day patrol hits double figures. Faced with low ammunition, injury and rising tensions under the command of a Captain who is out of touch with his men, the exhausted, disillusioned soldiers question their role in the war.
The Patrol has to be shown to all those who have a belief that being in the army is a just full-on respawn life which exists in Call of Duty and Battlefield 4, where every day you’re a hero and you can survive numerous gunshot wounds by crouching down behind a tree long enough for your health to restore.
Personally I haven’t been in the armed forces but I’ve known »
Similar News ItemsThe Hurt Locker (2008)
- Mining value from an Oscar win (From ScreenDaily. 27 February 2015, 1:32 PM, PST)
- The value of an Oscar win (From ScreenDaily. 27 February 2015, 1:32 PM, PST)
- New Awards Season Rules: Would more nominees help solve the Oscars' diversity problem? (From Hitfix. 26 February 2015, 6:25 PM, PST)
- DVD Review: 'The Patrol' (From CineVue. 22 April 2014, 3:30 AM, PDT)
- Interview: Tom Petch, writer-director of The Patrol (From Flickeringmyth. 20 April 2014, 2:22 AM, PDT)
- Epic goes on The Patrol (From ScreenDaily. 12 March 2014, 3:16 AM, PDT)