Since 2009’s Earth, Disney’s nature documentary division has done a fine job forgetting about anthropomorphized animated animals and offering some delightful looks at the everyday life of the creatures that inspired their company’s best films. The formula is not fading, either, as 2014’s entry, Bears, arrives just in time to make you forget about the annoyances of computer-generated animals in recent films like The Nut Job and Rio 2.
Bears has the bare necessities that any fan of the studio’s nature docs expect: a stunning environment, a riveting survivalist plot and very, very cute animals. It also has John C. Reilly taking up duties as the doc’s playful narrator, and none of the film is soured by preachy environmentalist overtones.
The doc tells the story of a mama brown bear, Sky, and her oh-so-adorable young cubs Scout and Amber, as they trek through the Alaska Peninsula »
- Jordan Adler
Similar News ItemsSarah Palin
- Rosie O'Donnell Rips Stephen Collins, Katie Couric ... She Should Have Skewered Him (From TMZ. 24 December 2014, 8:10 AM, PST)
- Rosie O'Donnell Slams Stephen Collins for Sexual Misconduct with Underage Girls (From Entertainment Tonight. 24 December 2014, 3:08 AM, PST)
- Ted Nugent to Appear in Season 2 of ‘Amazing America With Sarah Palin’ (From Variety - TV News. 18 December 2014, 9:45 AM, PST)
John C. Reilly (I)
- Everything Wrong With Guardians of the Galaxy (From Flickeringmyth. 24 December 2014, 8:17 AM, PST)
- Despite This Season’s Oscar Bait, Biopics Were Reinvigorated in 2014 (From Vulture. 21 December 2014, 5:00 AM, PST)
- James Gunn says the Thanos scene in Guardians of the Galaxy was the hardest scene to write (From Flickeringmyth. 19 December 2014, 1:39 PM, PST)
Rio 2 (2014)
- 11 Fascinating Facts About the 2014 Box Office (From The Wrap. 23 December 2014, 5:49 PM, PST)
- Transformers: Age of Extinction is the highest-grossing movie of 2014 (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 23 December 2014, 3:15 AM, PST)
- First poster for Lucasfilm’s Strange Magic (From Flickeringmyth. 18 December 2014, 7:12 AM, PST)