Lionsgate and Summit have merged their marketing divisions into one entity, it was announced Thursday, forcing the ouster of longtime Summit marketing exec Nancy Kirkpatrick, who oversaw the “Twilight” and “Divergent” campaigns at the company.
As a result, Tim Palen, Lionsgate’s chief marketing officer, will have marketing oversight of the Lionsgate and Summit film labels as well as its Pantelion Films joint venture with Televisa and its urban Codeblack Films label. Palen oversaw marketing of the two “Hunger Games” films, which have grossed more than $1.6 billion.
Kirkpatrick, who has served as Summit Entertainment’s president of worldwide marketing for the past six years, will resign at the end of this month.
“Now was the right time to take the next step in integrating the marketing departments of our Lionsgate and Summit film labels as we continue to achieve significant operational synergies following the acquisition of Summit Entertainment two years ago, »
- Dave McNary
Similar News ItemsSummit Entertainment [us]
- Michael Caine Joins Vin Diesel For The Last Witch Hunter (From Cinema Blend. 24 July 2014, 7:14 AM, PDT)
- Caine To Battle Crones With Diesel In ‘The Last Witch Hunter’ (From The Hollywood News. 22 July 2014, 12:15 PM, PDT)
- Michael Caine joins the cast of The Last Witch Hunter (From Cinelinx. 21 July 2014, 4:48 PM, PDT)
The Hurt Locker (2008)
- Daniel Radcliffe’s Horns get a Comic-Con poster (From Flickeringmyth. 24 July 2014, 12:41 PM, PDT)
- Amusing Full Trailer for the Comedy Dear White People (From GeekTyrant. 22 July 2014, 11:15 AM, PDT)
- New poster for Horns (From Flickeringmyth. 16 July 2014, 12:43 PM, PDT)
- #SDCC14: Ucp Announces Deal with Warren Ellis/Gale Anne Hurd; Night Mary and Five Ghosts Heading to TV (From Dread Central. 23 July 2014, 11:35 AM, PDT)
- Uncharted Movie Release Date Set for June 10, 2016 (From Collider.com. 23 July 2014, 10:07 AM, PDT)
- Honest Trailer: 'Divergent' is just 'The Hunger Games' minus games (From EW.com - PopWatch. 23 July 2014, 9:20 AM, PDT)