Lionsgate and Summit have merged their marketing divisions into one entity, it was announced Thursday, forcing the ouster of longtime Summit marketing exec Nancy Kirkpatrick, who oversaw the “Twilight” and “Divergent” campaigns at the company.
As a result, Tim Palen, Lionsgate’s chief marketing officer, will have marketing oversight of the Lionsgate and Summit film labels as well as its Pantelion Films joint venture with Televisa and its urban Codeblack Films label. Palen oversaw marketing of the two “Hunger Games” films, which have grossed more than $1.6 billion.
Kirkpatrick, who has served as Summit Entertainment’s president of worldwide marketing for the past six years, will resign at the end of this month.
“Now was the right time to take the next step in integrating the marketing departments of our Lionsgate and Summit film labels as we continue to achieve significant operational synergies following the acquisition of Summit Entertainment two years ago, »
- Dave McNary
Similar News ItemsSummit Entertainment [us]
- New Divergent 3 Allegiant First Movie Trailer Hit The Net (From OnTheFlix. 21 November 2015, 12:28 PM, PST)
- Lionsgate Re-Ups Brian Goldsmith, Wayne Levin (From Variety - Film News. 19 November 2015, 1:00 PM, PST)
- ‘Now You See Me 2’ Trailer Finds Lizzy Caplan Replacing Isla Fisher as Fourth ‘Horseman’ (Video) (From The Wrap. 18 November 2015, 4:20 PM, PST)
The Hurt Locker (2008)
- Predict Best Sound Editing Oscar: Will it match Sound Mixing again? (From Gold Derby. 22 November 2015, 2:34 AM, PST)
- Predict Best Sound Mixing Oscar: Will action ('Mad Max,' 'Star Wars') beat music ('Straight Outta Compton')? (From Gold Derby. 21 November 2015, 4:34 PM, PST)
- MGM And Lionsgate Provide Movies To Tubi TV After Buying Equity Stakes (From Deadline. 19 November 2015, 6:58 AM, PST)
- Shailene Woodley Headed to UTA With Ex-Paradigm Agent (Exclusive) (From The Hollywood Reporter. 23 November 2015, 5:06 PM, PST)
- Thanks to 'By the Sea,' you may see Angelina Jolie star as this classic Universal Monster (From Hitfix. 23 November 2015, 2:02 PM, PST)
- Angelina Jolie Wanted for 'Bride of Frankenstein' Remake (From MovieWeb. 23 November 2015, 8:39 AM, PST)