Disney and Marvel Studios are celebrating another huge success for the Marvel Cinematic Universe, with the latest Phase Two offering Captain America: The Winter Soldier crossing the $500 million mark at the global box office. The Chris Evans-headlined solo sequel is currently sitting on $502,272,687, which puts it ahead of previous McU releases The Incredible Hulk ($263.4 million), Captain America: The First Avenger ($370.6 million) and Thor ($449.3 million), with Iron Man’s $585.2 million haul fast approaching.
The release of Captain America: The Winter Soldier has already helped to make the Marvel Cinematic Universe the highest-grossing franchise of all-time domestically, and with $6.173 billion in the bank globally so far the superhero series will also overtake the James Bond franchise ($6.198 billion) to climb to second world-wide behind the box office behemoth Harry Potter ($7.709 billion).
- Gary Collinson
Similar News ItemsIron Man (2008)
- Robert Downey Jr. Confirms Jon Favreau and Gwyneth Paltrow Are in Avengers 4 (From E! Online. 23 August 2017, 4:55 AM, PDT)
- Robert Downey Jr. Confirms Gwyneth Paltrow and Jon Favreau Are in ‘Avengers: Infinity War’ (From The Wrap. 22 August 2017, 7:55 PM, PDT)
- James Gunn says Guardians Vol. 3 will set up the next 10-20 years of the McU (From JoBlo. 22 August 2017, 5:56 PM, PDT)
- Robert Downey Jr. Confirms Gwyneth Paltrow Will Appear In ‘Avengers: Infinity War’ (From ET Canada. 23 August 2017, 4:16 AM, PDT)
- Latest Set Photos Confirm Pepper Potts For The Untitled Avengers 4 (From We Got This Covered. 22 August 2017, 2:27 PM, PDT)
- Black Widow Heads to Japan in Avengers 4 Set Photos (From Screen Rant. 22 August 2017, 10:26 AM, PDT)
Samuel L. Jackson
- Samuel L. Jackson's 10 Best Roles (From PasteMagazine. 22 August 2017, 5:01 PM, PDT)
- Guardians Of the Galaxy 3 To Help Set Up Next Decade Or Two Of Marvel Movies (From LRM Online. 22 August 2017, 3:46 PM, PDT)
- Godzilla Vs. Kong Timeline and Character Details Revealed | Exclusive (From MovieWeb. 22 August 2017, 1:46 PM, PDT)