The Eisner Awards, the "Oscars of Comics" have announced their nominations for the current season (they follow more of a Tony Awards timetable) and the results are heavy on Image comics with Marvel scoring in the top "continuing series" category with the current run of Hawkeye. Maybe there's hope for Jeremy Renner's unloved movie hero after all? Or maybe not. It's up against last year's winner Saga.
I want to share two categories that have particular appeal to us here at Tfe. They have an adapted category (which sometimes pulls from movies) and a digital comics category and you know I keep trying to start one though admittedly I never fully commit.
Best Adaptation from Another Medium
The Castle, by Franz Kafka, adapted by David Zane Mairowitz and Jaromír 99 (SelfMadeHero) The Complete Don Quixote, by Miguel de Cervantes, adapted by by Rob Davis (SelfMadeHero) Django Unchained, adapted by Quentin Tarantino, »
- NATHANIEL R
Similar News ItemsQuentin Tarantino
- Steve Dillon: a tribute to his amazing work (From Den of Geek. 23 October 2016, 6:21 AM, PDT)
- MondoCon 2016: “Meet the Artist” Q&A with Arik Roper (From DailyDead. 21 October 2016, 12:46 PM, PDT)
- French Romance ‘Un Plus Une’ Fights for Awards Attention, Enchants Quentin Tarantino (From The Wrap. 21 October 2016, 12:38 PM, PDT)
- ‘Fences’: Viola Davis Will Campaign for the Supporting Actress Oscar (From Indiewire. 23 October 2016, 12:35 PM, PDT)
- New poster and images for Denis Villeneuve’s Arrival (From Flickeringmyth. 21 October 2016, 11:00 PM, PDT)
- Watch the final trailer for Denis Villeneuve’s ‘Arrival’ (From The Hollywood News. 21 October 2016, 12:48 AM, PDT)
- Sleepless Gets A New Movie Trailer (From ShockYa. 10 October 2016, 4:56 PM, PDT)
- Does ‘Birth of a Nation’ Stand a Chance in the Best Picture Oscar Race? (From Scott Feinberg. 10 October 2016, 6:00 AM, PDT)
- Garry Kasparov questions Jamie Foxx's meeting with Venezuelan president (From The Guardian - Film News. 7 October 2016, 6:40 AM, PDT)