Hollywood legend Mickey Rooney has passed away at the age of 93.
The actor - who is best known for playing Andy Hardy in the MGM film series between 1937 and 1946 - died of natural causes after a long battle with ill health, according to TMZ.
At the age of 17, he began his role as Andy Hardy in A Family Affair, before starring in 13 more movies in the series and a final instalment in 1958.
Sir Laurence Olivier once referred to Rooney as "the greatest actor of them all".
He was born in Brooklyn on September 23, 1920 by the name of Joe Yule Jr and made his first stage appearance at 17 months »
Similar News ItemsElizabeth Taylor (I)
- Katherine Webb Gives Birth to Her First Child With Husband Aj McCarron (From E! Online. 24 May 2016, 6:56 PM, PDT)
- First Images From ‘How To Talk To Girls At Parties,’ ‘Zeroville,’ ‘Free Fire,’ and More (From The Film Stage. 10 May 2016, 12:18 PM, PDT)
- Kristen Stewart Lets Down Her Guard: Inside Her Reinvention (From Variety - Film News. 9 May 2016, 5:29 PM, PDT)
The Muppets (2011)
- The Muppets: New Job Ideas for Unemployed Puppets (From TVSeriesFinale. 27 May 2016, 7:13 PM, PDT)
- Alice Through The Looking Glass Review (From TheMovieBit. 27 May 2016, 11:06 AM, PDT)
- Exclusive Interview: Director James Bobin on Alice Through the Looking Glass and Mib 23 (From HeyUGuys. 25 May 2016, 3:00 AM, PDT)
Night at the Museum (2006)
- First look at new Netflix original series ‘Stranger Things’ (From The Hollywood News. 19 May 2016, 3:06 AM, PDT)
- 7 Spotlight-Stealing Animal Actors (From Backstage. 13 May 2016, 10:30 AM, PDT)
- ABC Orders Comedies ‘Downward Dog,’ ‘Imaginary Mary’ and ‘Second Fattest Housewife’ (From Variety - TV News. 12 May 2016, 4:00 PM, PDT)