Notaro was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2012 and was very open about the experience on stage in her album "Live," recorded shortly after she found out. Now she's able to look back on the experience and jokingly find a reason it all happened in the first place.
"Before I had a double mastectomy I already was pretty flat-chested," Notaro admits. "I made so many jokes over the years about how small my chest was that I started to think that maybe my boobs overheard me and were just lie, 'You know what? We're sick of this. Let's kill her.'"
Fortunately for Notaro, she survived the ordeal and has thrived in her standup career. She's currently touring the United State, with dates available at her website. »
Similar News Items"Conan" (2010)
- Conan O’Brien Parodies Cam Newton’s Abrupt Super Bowl Press Conference Exit (Video) (From The Wrap. 9 February 2016, 7:58 AM, PST)
- Samantha Bee's Full Frontal Premiere Dissects Jeb's Dying Campaign (Video) (From TVLine.com. 9 February 2016, 7:55 AM, PST)
- TV Review: ‘Full Frontal With Samantha Bee’ (From Variety - TV News. 8 February 2016, 8:46 PM, PST)
- Your First Look at the Cover of Tig Notaro’s Memoir, I’m Just a Person (From Vulture. 9 February 2016, 10:00 AM, PST)
- Review: Louis C.K. goes back to TV's first golden age with 'Horace and Pete' (From Hitfix. 31 January 2016, 8:00 AM, PST)
- 'Carol,' 'Transparent' Lead 2016 GLAAD Media Award Nominations (From Moviefone. 27 January 2016, 10:45 AM, PST)