Take the ‘science’ of Outbreak, and mix it with the claustrophobia, isolation, paranoia and freezing temperatures of The Thing, and you have Helix – Syfy’s science fiction thriller show, created by Cameron Porsandeh. With its first season proving to be a big hit with audiences watching on DVR, the show has earned a renewal for a second season.
The premise of the show sees a small group of scientists from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, travel to a remote and mysterious scientific research facility in the Arctic. They are tasked with investigating and resolving a potentially deadly outbreak of an unknown disease. As the situation spirals rapidly out of control, the complexities of relationships and the suspicious agendas within the groups trapped together are gradually revealed.
Taking in aspects reminiscent of zombie-themed narratives, and featuring global and local politics, workplace complications and good old-fashioned corruption, Helix is an »
- Sarah Myles
Similar News Items"Supernatural" (2005)
- New Supernatural Season 10,Episode 10 Not Airing Tonight,Delayed Until January 2015 (From OnTheFlix. 16 December 2014, 6:05 PM, PST)
- And the Next CW Star Who Should Get a Golden Globe Nomination Is... (From E! Online. 16 December 2014, 12:00 PM, PST)
- Supernatural season 10 episode 9 review: The Things We Left Behind (From Den of Geek. 15 December 2014, 1:33 AM, PST)
The Wolverine (2013)
- Batman suit and Avengers: Infinity War directors revealed – Watch Fmtv’s Movie Newsgasm (From Flickeringmyth. 19 December 2014, 11:00 AM, PST)
- Hugh Jackman in Talks for X-Men: Apocalypse and The Wolverine 2 (From Worst Previews. 18 December 2014, 3:15 AM, PST)
- The destruction in Man of Steel will play a major part in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (From Flickeringmyth. 17 December 2014, 3:21 AM, PST)
"The Killing" (2011)
- First trailer for Terrence Malick’s Knight of Cups (From Flickeringmyth. 15 December 2014, 1:25 PM, PST)
- Brandon Jay Mclaren -- Go Go Away Power Ranger ... Wife Wants Split (From TMZ. 14 December 2014, 12:15 AM, PST)
- Fortitude review: 'Twin Peaks in the arctic – unsettling and claustrophobic' (From The Guardian - TV News. 9 December 2014, 4:28 AM, PST)