Wim Wenders’ 1984 French-German coproduction features a typically (for Wenders) unconventional cast, including the great Harry Dean Stanton as an amnesiac who enlists his brother (Dean Stockwell) in a search for Stanton’s runaway wife played by Nastassja Kinski. Wenders brings a poker-faced European sensibility to the backwaters of America with compelling results. The stellar crew includes the cinematographer Robby Muller and music from Ry Cooder, which has proven highly influential.
The post Paris, Texas appeared first on Trailers From Hell.
- TFH Team
Similar News ItemsWim Wenders
- The Best Films of the 2016 Cannes Film Festival (From The Film Stage. 23 May 2016, 10:29 AM, PDT)
- Olga Kurylenko to join Gilliam’s 'Don Quixote' (From ScreenDaily. 18 May 2016, 11:33 AM, PDT)
- First Look at Alicia Vikander and James McAvoy in Wim Wenders’ ‘Submergence’ (From The Film Stage. 17 May 2016, 9:17 AM, PDT)
Harry Dean Stanton
- Alien: how its physical acting makes a horror classic (From Den of Geek. 23 May 2016, 3:05 AM, PDT)
- Exclusive: 'Dillinger' Robs A Bank In Clip From Arrow Video's Restored John Milius Classic (From The Playlist. 26 April 2016, 8:11 AM, PDT)
- Filming Wraps on Showtime’s Twin Peaks Revival, Full Cast Revealed (From DailyDead. 25 April 2016, 4:17 PM, PDT)
- Howard Hughes Reviews "Cattle Drive", "Calamity Jane & Sam Bass" And "Black Horse Canyon" UK DVD Releases From Simply Media (From CinemaRetro. 1 May 2016, 9:00 PM, PDT)
- 30th Anniversary – Blue Velvet Plays at The Moolah Beginning Friday (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 27 April 2016, 6:33 AM, PDT)
- In Defense of 1973’s Werewolf Of Washington (From shocktillyoudrop. 20 April 2016, 6:19 AM, PDT)