The French actor, who left his home country for Russia following a proposed change in tax law, has partnered with watch manufacturer Cvstos
The French actor Gérard Depardieu has partnered with Swiss watch manufacturer Cvstos to launch a line of new timepieces under the banner "Proud to be Russian".
A post on the Cvstos Facebook page from earlier this month shows Depardieu – also sporting a pair of fetching leopard-print glasses – dressed in the new Challenge Jetliner watch, which features Russia's national crest of a double-headed eagle picked out in red gold. The new watches cost up to $30,000 (£18,000).
Depardieu's pride stems from the fact he was allowed to become a Russian citizen early last year, with his new passport delivered to him personally by Vladimir Putin. He bought a property in Mordovia region, saying after registering the flat, "this region doesn't have oil or gas but has rich people who »
- Ben Beaumont-Thomas
Similar News ItemsElizabeth Hurley (I)
- Lip Service! Elizabeth Hurley Kisses Married Man For Charity (From TooFab. 5 September 2014, 3:30 PM, PDT)
- Elizabeth Hurley Plants an $81,000 Kiss on This Guy—See the Expensive Smooch! (From E! Online. 4 September 2014, 7:49 PM, PDT)
- First look: Joan Collins on the set of 'The Royals' (From EW.com - Inside TV. 27 August 2014, 8:08 AM, PDT)
- Mike Gold: What Goes Around Inevitably Comes Around (From Comicmix. 10 September 2014, 5:00 AM, PDT)
- Russian Cinema: ‘Issue’ Pictures Earn Acclaim Abroad (From Variety - Film News. 8 September 2014, 11:35 AM, PDT)
- Soviet-Era Actor Who Inspired Vladimir Putin Dies at 90 (From The Hollywood Reporter. 5 September 2014, 3:05 AM, PDT)
- It’s Showtime For Gerard Depardieu In Wwi Drama (From The Hollywood News. 10 September 2014, 11:45 PM, PDT)
- Contest: Win A Roe Pass For Welcome To New York! (From We Got This Covered. 9 September 2014, 9:21 AM, PDT)
- Venice: Director Abel Ferrara Attacks IFC "Punks" Who "Don't Give a Shit About Movies" (From The Hollywood Reporter. 5 September 2014, 5:47 PM, PDT)