The French actor, who left his home country for Russia following a proposed change in tax law, has partnered with watch manufacturer Cvstos
The French actor Gérard Depardieu has partnered with Swiss watch manufacturer Cvstos to launch a line of new timepieces under the banner "Proud to be Russian".
A post on the Cvstos Facebook page from earlier this month shows Depardieu – also sporting a pair of fetching leopard-print glasses – dressed in the new Challenge Jetliner watch, which features Russia's national crest of a double-headed eagle picked out in red gold. The new watches cost up to $30,000 (£18,000).
Depardieu's pride stems from the fact he was allowed to become a Russian citizen early last year, with his new passport delivered to him personally by Vladimir Putin. He bought a property in Mordovia region, saying after registering the flat, "this region doesn't have oil or gas but has rich people who »
- Ben Beaumont-Thomas
Similar News ItemsElizabeth Hurley (I)
- Ariana's Brother, Frankie, Shows Support in the Wake of Her Breakup (From Popsugar. 22 April 2015, 1:10 PM, PDT)
- What to Watch: Tonight's TV Picks - Bear Grylls, Jane The Virgin (From Digital Spy - TV news. 22 April 2015, 3:00 AM, PDT)
- 18 Stunning Nontraditional Celebrity Engagement Rings (From Popsugar. 21 April 2015, 1:45 PM, PDT)
- The Callow Way – On Politicians and Films (From Flickeringmyth. 26 April 2015, 8:03 AM, PDT)
- Last Week Tonight with John Oliver Rewind, CNN’s Doomsday Edition (From Monsters and Critics. 20 April 2015, 7:15 AM, PDT)
- 'House of Cards': Frank Underwood More Popular Than Obama (From MovieWeb. 23 March 2015, 8:55 PM, PDT)
- Last crop of Cannes contenders by Richard Mowe - 2015-04-23 21:53:40 (From eyeforfilm.co.uk. 23 April 2015, 1:53 PM, PDT)
- Cannes Adds 9 Titles to Complete Official Selection (From Thompson on Hollywood. 23 April 2015, 10:00 AM, PDT)
- Cannes: Competition titles added; Gaspar Noe gets Midnight Screening (From ScreenDaily. 23 April 2015, 9:43 AM, PDT)