Like one of the little kids who watches its programs, The Hub Network will soon attempt to see if it can reach beyond its grasp.
The network, jointly owned by cable programmer Discovery Communications and toy maker Hasbro, expects to gradually abandon the reruns of “Step by Step,” “Family Ties” and “Sabrina, The Teenage Witch” in favor of originals designed to lure kids and families together. The first step in that effort is “Parents Don’t Just Understand,” a 22-episode reality series from Endemol’s 51 Minds Entertainment hosted by Joey Fatone that is slated to debut in the fall. The series will let kids and parents get a peek at what it’s like to live inside each other’s shoes.
- Brian Steinberg
Similar News Items"Full House" (1987)
- TV News Roundup: Josh Charles Joins ‘Law & Order True Crime: The Menendez Murders’ (From Variety - TV News. 26 June 2017, 4:30 PM, PDT)
- Fuller House Season 3 to Premiere on Full House's 30th Anniversary (From TVLine.com. 26 June 2017, 1:08 PM, PDT)
- Fuller House Season 3's Premiere Date Is Special for Longtime Fans (From TVGuide - Breaking News. 26 June 2017, 1:03 PM, PDT)
"Family Ties" (1982)
- Revisiting Law & Order: Svu's The Bachelor-esque Episode, "Assaulting Reality" (From E! Online. 14 June 2017, 1:28 PM, PDT)
- Family is on the Line in Season Finale Trailer for The Walking Dead: The Telltale Series – A New Frontier (From DailyDead. 25 May 2017, 8:18 AM, PDT)
- Science of Scares: Villainous Mothers (From DailyDead. 11 May 2017, 5:29 PM, PDT)
Discovery Communications [us]
- Discovery Wins Ruling in Soccer Battle With Sky Deutschland (From Variety - TV News. 26 June 2017, 1:18 PM, PDT)
- Find a Neighbor! TLC Begins Casting for Return of Trading Spaces (From PEOPLE.com. 26 June 2017, 5:00 AM, PDT)
- TV’s Trump Effect: Advertisers Focus on News, Late-Night Buys Ahead of Primetime (Exclusive) (From Variety - TV News. 20 June 2017, 12:47 PM, PDT)