Coming-of-age drama is the first feature to come out of Brunei in several years.
Brunei’s Origin Films has launched sales on coming-of-age martial arts film Yasmine, the first feature to come out of the country in years.
Siti Kamaluddin, who has a background as an Ad for films and a director for commercials, is making her feature directorial debut with this story about a girl who goes into competitive silat fighting against her father’s wishes.
Featuring Kuntau, the Brunei form of the Southeast Asian martial art of silat, the action was directed by Chan Man Ching, whose credits include Hellboy 2 and Jackie Chan’s The Legend Of Drunken Master 2 and Rush Hour.
“This is the first time you see Silat in a sports angle for competition. Sometimes you go into something for all the wrong reasons and find something else. The film is about a journey of self-discovery and a reminder that some dreams are worth »
- firstname.lastname@example.org (Jean Noh)
Similar News ItemsJackie Chan (I)
- ‘Monkey King’ Film to Bring Chinese Fable to America (Exclusive) (From Variety - Film News. 4 September 2015, 12:04 PM, PDT)
- Dragon Blade – The Review (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 3 September 2015, 7:54 PM, PDT)
- Poster Premiere: See Adrien Brody, Jackie Chan, and John Cusack In 'Dragon Blade' (From Movies.com. 3 September 2015, 5:15 PM, PDT)
Rush Hour (1998)
- 'Galaxy Quest' Eyes Maiden Voyage At Amazon (From Thompson on Hollywood. 28 August 2015, 12:58 PM, PDT)
- There's going to be a Galaxy Quest TV series on Amazon (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 27 August 2015, 9:39 AM, PDT)
- Why Nostalgia Rules the Internet and You Can’t Escape ‘Full House’ (From Variety - Film News. 19 August 2015, 10:00 AM, PDT)
The Legend of Drunken Master (1994)
- The Ultimate Movie Binge: Jawbreaker! (From Cinelinx. 23 November 2014, 2:59 PM, PST)
- The 31 Best Action Movies on Netflix Right Now (From Moviefone. 31 October 2014, 8:00 AM, PDT)
- ‘The Legend of Drunken Master’ is an exuberant display of Jackie Chan’s physical and comedic chops (From SoundOnSight. 24 May 2014, 12:00 PM, PDT)