Dolby Laboratories announced on the opening day of CinemaCon (24) that it will instal the Dolby Atmos audio platform in more than 100 screens on the Indonesian Cinemaxx circuit over the next three or more years.
Under the deal with Cinemaxx parent company Lippo Group, 30 of the 100 screens are scheduled to be ready by the end of May 2015.
Dolby expects to equip more than 600 screens with the audio system before long.
Furthermore the company has signed 11 new films to be mixed and released in Dolby Atmos, bringing the number of titles to more than 100.
A panel will discuss the benefits of Atmos on Wednesday (26).
Dolby will also take part in a presentation of laser 3D projection involving Barco and Christie.
In other CinemaCon news from Day One:[p »
- firstname.lastname@example.org (Jeremy Kay)
Similar News ItemsWarner Bros. [us]
- Steven Spielberg to Direct Jennifer Lawrence in War Photographer Movie ‘It’s What I Do’ (From The Wrap. 2 March 2015, 3:30 PM, PST)
- Hugh Jackman Might Have the Most High-Maintenance Hair in Hollywood (From Entertainment Tonight. 2 March 2015, 1:55 PM, PST)
- Will Smith's Focus tops box office with $19.1 million (From Cineplex. 2 March 2015, 12:51 PM, PST)
Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)
- Watch: Robert Downey Jr. Wants to Give You the Best Night of Your Life... Ever (From Movies.com. 2 March 2015, 8:30 PM, PST)
- Update: Hawkeye Gets in on the 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Solo Posters (From Movies.com. 2 March 2015, 4:05 PM, PST)
- Robert Downey Jr. Offering Up Age Of Ultron Experience For Charity (From AreYouScreening. 2 March 2015, 12:56 PM, PST)
How to Train Your Dragon 2 (2014)
- Netflix Adding 'Life Itself,' 'How To Train Your Dragon 2' Plus 24 More Movies in March (From Indiewire. 27 February 2015, 6:00 AM, PST)
- Why do Oscars hate sequels? (From Gold Derby. 25 February 2015, 5:28 AM, PST)
- Netflix Line-Up: The titles that are coming and going in March (From JoBlo. 25 February 2015, 3:48 AM, PST)