About a year and a half ago, news broke that Universal was rebooting Scarface. Paul Attanasio was doing a rewrite of the script written by David Ayer. While plot details were kept under wraps, we exclusively broke that the new Scarface would be Mexican and the story would be based on the drug cartels of the American southwest.
According to Jeff Sneider over at The Wrap, Universal has found the director to helm the reboot.
The director is Pablo Larraín.
He is a director from Chile who made a film with Gael Garcia Bernal back in 2012 called No. At least the studio got a Latin dude I guess. Meh. Still think it is a terrible idea to reboot Scarface and set it in the world of Mexican drug cartels which by now has been done to death and played out. At least, the DePalma version back in the day »
- El Mayimbe
Similar News ItemsDavid Ayer
- ‘Sabotage’ Review (From Blogomatic3000. 25 July 2014, 9:01 AM, PDT)
- More From Brad Pitt's "Fury" (From SneakPeek. 24 July 2014, 6:24 AM, PDT)
- Shia Labeouf Looks For Plea Deal For Incident At 'Cabaret' Show (From Uinterview. 23 July 2014, 9:00 PM, PDT)
Gael García Bernal
- Who is Dayani Cristal? Review (From HeyUGuys. 25 July 2014, 9:10 AM, PDT)
- Who is Dayani Cristal? review: Gael García Bernal's dangerous journey (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 25 July 2014, 1:46 AM, PDT)
- Film Review: 'Who is Dayani Cristal?' (From CineVue. 24 July 2014, 4:09 PM, PDT)
Édgar Ramírez (II)
- Benedict Cumberbatch sort of denies 'Doctor Strange' rumors (From Hitfix. 24 July 2014, 2:30 PM, PDT)
- Eric Bana Talks Deliver Us From Evil, the Origins of the Script, Exorcism Movies, Why He Can’t do a TV Series in America, and More (From Collider.com. 12 July 2014, 12:42 PM, PDT)
- Almost Arthouse #29: ‘Tammy’ & ‘Deliver Us From Evil’ (From SoundOnSight. 12 July 2014, 7:43 AM, PDT)