About a year and a half ago, news broke that Universal was rebooting Scarface. Paul Attanasio was doing a rewrite of the script written by David Ayer. While plot details were kept under wraps, we exclusively broke that the new Scarface would be Mexican and the story would be based on the drug cartels of the American southwest.
According to Jeff Sneider over at The Wrap, Universal has found the director to helm the reboot.
The director is Pablo Larraín.
He is a director from Chile who made a film with Gael Garcia Bernal back in 2012 called No. At least the studio got a Latin dude I guess. Meh. Still think it is a terrible idea to reboot Scarface and set it in the world of Mexican drug cartels which by now has been done to death and played out. At least, the DePalma version back in the day »
- El Mayimbe
Similar News ItemsDavid Ayer
- Suicide Squad director David Ayer on what drew him to Gotham City Sirens (From Flickeringmyth. 22 July 2017, 11:05 AM, PDT)
- David Ayer Reveals Why He Chose To Helm Gotham City Sirens Over A Suicide Squad Sequel (From ComicBookMovie. 22 July 2017, 5:34 AM, PDT)
- Why David Ayer Is Directing Gotham City Sirens Instead Of Suicide Squad 2 (From Cinema Blend. 21 July 2017, 5:00 PM, PDT)
Gael García Bernal
- D23 Expo: Disney & Pixar Roundup! (From LRM Online. 15 July 2017, 10:59 AM, PDT)
- Pixar and Disney Animation Studios Dish Movie News at D23 (From Cinelinx. 15 July 2017, 10:43 AM, PDT)
- Disney’s D23: New Details from ‘Wreck-It Ralph 2,’ ‘Incredibles 2,’ and ‘Toy Story 4’ (From Indiewire. 15 July 2017, 10:13 AM, PDT)
Edgar Ramírez (IV)
- Netflix’s Bright Trailer: Humans, Orcs, Elves…Everyone’s Just Trying To Get Along (From LRM Online. 22 July 2017, 7:36 AM, PDT)
- Netflix Unveils Trailer For Will Smith-Starring, $90 Million Blockbuster ‘Bright’ (From Tubefilter News. 21 July 2017, 7:29 AM, PDT)
- New trailer for Will Smith’s Netflix thriller ‘Bright’ (From Blogomatic3000. 21 July 2017, 7:15 AM, PDT)