Dolby Laboratories announced on the opening day of CinemaCon (24) that it will instal the Dolby Atmos audio platform in more than 100 screens on the Indonesian Cinemaxx circuit over the next three or more years.
Under the deal with Cinemaxx parent company Lippo Group, 30 of the 100 screens are scheduled to be ready by the end of May 2015.
Dolby expects to equip more than 600 screens with the audio system before long.
Furthermore the company has signed 11 new films to be mixed and released in Dolby Atmos, bringing the number of titles to more than 100.
A panel will discuss the benefits of Atmos on Wednesday (26).
Dolby will also take part in a presentation of laser 3D projection involving Barco and Christie. »
- firstname.lastname@example.org (Jeremy Kay)
Similar News ItemsWarner Bros. [us]
- Warner Bros. Offers Details on Coming Layoffs (From The Wrap. 17 September 2014, 7:50 PM, PDT)
- Machinima Lands Original 'Justice League' Series (From The Hollywood Reporter. 17 September 2014, 7:45 PM, PDT)
- Sorry, Matthew McConaughey isn't returning for 'Magic Mike Xxl' (From EW.com - Inside Movies. 17 September 2014, 6:48 PM, PDT)
Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)
- 'Doctor Strange': Filming location and possible release date revealed (From Hitfix. 17 September 2014, 9:37 PM, PDT)
- Below the Line Bookings (From Variety - TV News. 17 September 2014, 4:57 PM, PDT)
- Below the Line Bookings (From Variety - Film News. 17 September 2014, 4:57 PM, PDT)
How to Train Your Dragon 2 (2014)
- China Box Office: ‘Apes’ Swings it by a Whisker (From Variety - Film News. 15 September 2014, 8:30 PM, PDT)
- Intl Box Office Final: No. 1 Bragging Rights In China Too Close To Call As ‘Storm,’ ‘Expendables 3′ And ‘Apes’ Fight It Out (From Deadline New York. 15 September 2014, 3:01 PM, PDT)
- 8 important awards season revelations after Venice, Telluride and Toronto (From Hitfix. 15 September 2014, 9:23 AM, PDT)