Deep Water director insists drama following the fate of Beijing-bound flight that crashes into sea will go ahead
An Australian drama about a plane which crashes on its way to China is to move forward despite unfortunate similarities with missing Malaysian Airlines flight MH370.
Alister Grierson's film Deep Water will centre on the fate of a group of passengers who survive when their plane goes down during a flight to Beijing. The film-maker, whose 3D cave diving disaster movie Sanctum is one of the highest-grossing Australian films of all time, admitted the plot of his film tallied in some ways with real-life events.
"The similarities and timing is interesting and I can see why anecdotally the two things link up. It's a tricky thing," he told Mail Online. "But in simple terms, Deep Water is about an accident that happens on an aeroplane which goes down in the ocean, »
- Ben Child
Similar News ItemsJames Cameron (I)
- Last Night on Late Night, 5/4/15 (From SoundOnSight. 5 May 2015, 4:34 PM, PDT)
- 100 Essential Action Scenes: Foot Chases (From SoundOnSight. 5 May 2015, 8:00 AM, PDT)
- 3D in the 21st Century. Work and Pleasure: "The Adventures of Tintin" (From MUBI. 5 May 2015, 5:39 AM, PDT)
- Practice Your On-Camera Skills with ‘Annabelle’ CD Lauren Bass! (From Backstage. 6 October 2014, 12:28 PM, PDT)
- Toronto: FilmNation Beefs Up With Ben Browning (From Variety - Film News. 5 September 2014, 7:00 AM, PDT)
- Toronto: FilmNation Hires Vet Ben Browning (From Deadline. 5 September 2014, 5:44 AM, PDT)
- Viewers tune in for Modern Family Australia (From IF.com.au. 27 April 2014, 5:46 PM, PDT)
- Director rallies for Parer's War (From IF.com.au. 21 April 2014, 11:22 PM, PDT)
- Plane crash movie shelved after Malaysian flight disaster (From RealBollywood. 24 March 2014, 7:19 PM, PDT)