London — Lionsgate and Endemol India, a 51:49 joint venture between Endemol Bv and The Chernin Group’s CA Media, will co-produce a Hindi language version of Gavin O’Connor’s 2011 sports drama “Warrior”.
The film will be produced under the banner Eyedentity Motion Pictures, Endemol India’s film arm.
Lionsgate COO of international distribution, Andrew Kramer said, “Warrior” is the kind of locally-produced property based on timeless themes that we expect to resonate with mainstream commercial audiences in India. Eyedentity Motion Pictures will bring valuable local expertise to our venture.”
“Action-filled and emotionally powerful with themes of forgiveness and the enduring bonds of family, ‘Warrior’ will be a quality film made with top-of-the-line production values,” said Deepak Dhar, CEO of Endemol India.
Cast and crew are currently being finalised, with production expected to begin in December.
- Naman Ramachandran
Similar News ItemsTom Hardy (I)
- "Mad Max: Fury Road" - Enter Rosie Huntington-Whiteley (From SneakPeek. 29 May 2015, 4:32 AM, PDT)
- The vehicles of Mad Max: Fury Road get a Lego makeover (From Flickeringmyth. 28 May 2015, 12:30 PM, PDT)
- Mad Max's Tom Hardy has best response to question about women taking over his "man's movie" (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 28 May 2015, 11:48 AM, PDT)
- Stx Entertainment eyes 'Uglydoll' franchise (From ScreenDaily. 28 May 2015, 2:12 PM, PDT)
- Stx Entertainment Plans Uglydoll Film, Launches Family Division (Exclusive) (From Variety - Film News. 28 May 2015, 12:53 PM, PDT)
- Johnny Depp is teaching lessons in new trailer for ‘Black Mass’ (From SoundOnSight. 26 May 2015, 1:24 PM, PDT)
- Trailer and Poster for A Walk in the Woods Released (From ShockYa. 28 May 2015, 2:01 PM, PDT)
- A Walk In The Woods (2015) Movie Trailer: Redford & Nolte Hike The Appalachian Trail (From Film-Book. 28 May 2015, 9:12 AM, PDT)
- Trailer for A Walk in the Woods, with Robert Redford and Nick Nolte (From Worst Previews. 28 May 2015, 4:00 AM, PDT)