London — Lionsgate and Endemol India, a 51:49 joint venture between Endemol Bv and The Chernin Group’s CA Media, will co-produce a Hindi language version of Gavin O’Connor’s 2011 sports drama “Warrior”.
The film will be produced under the banner Eyedentity Motion Pictures, Endemol India’s film arm.
Lionsgate COO of international distribution, Andrew Kramer said, “Warrior” is the kind of locally-produced property based on timeless themes that we expect to resonate with mainstream commercial audiences in India. Eyedentity Motion Pictures will bring valuable local expertise to our venture.”
“Action-filled and emotionally powerful with themes of forgiveness and the enduring bonds of family, ‘Warrior’ will be a quality film made with top-of-the-line production values,” said Deepak Dhar, CEO of Endemol India.
Cast and crew are currently being finalised, with production expected to begin in December.
- Naman Ramachandran
Similar News ItemsTom Hardy (I)
- The Best Films of 2015 So Far (From Thompson on Hollywood. 4 July 2015, 4:30 AM, PDT)
- This week’s hottest new trailers (From The Hollywood News. 4 July 2015, 2:50 AM, PDT)
- New poster for Legend starring Tom Hardy (From Flickeringmyth. 3 July 2015, 2:50 AM, PDT)
- Mark Wahlberg, Director Peter Berg in Talks for Action Movie ‘Mile 22’ at Stx (From Variety - Film News. 2 July 2015, 2:46 PM, PDT)
- Aussies and Kiwis invited to join AMPAS (From IF.com.au. 30 June 2015, 3:39 PM, PDT)
- Aussies invited to join AMPAS (From IF.com.au. 30 June 2015, 3:39 PM, PDT)
- Competition: Win ‘Return to Sender’ on Blu-ray (From Blogomatic3000. 2 July 2015, 11:01 AM, PDT)
- Review: Bound To Vengeance (From Icons of Fright. 29 June 2015, 4:09 PM, PDT)
- Exclusive: 'Gone Girl's' Rosamund Pike is back with a vengeance in 'Return to Sender' (From Hitfix. 26 June 2015, 11:35 AM, PDT)