London — Lionsgate and Endemol India, a 51:49 joint venture between Endemol Bv and The Chernin Group’s CA Media, will co-produce a Hindi language version of Gavin O’Connor’s 2011 sports drama “Warrior”.
The film will be produced under the banner Eyedentity Motion Pictures, Endemol India’s film arm.
Lionsgate COO of international distribution, Andrew Kramer said, “Warrior” is the kind of locally-produced property based on timeless themes that we expect to resonate with mainstream commercial audiences in India. Eyedentity Motion Pictures will bring valuable local expertise to our venture.”
“Action-filled and emotionally powerful with themes of forgiveness and the enduring bonds of family, ‘Warrior’ will be a quality film made with top-of-the-line production values,” said Deepak Dhar, CEO of Endemol India.
Cast and crew are currently being finalised, with production expected to begin in December.
- Naman Ramachandran
Similar News ItemsTom Hardy (I)
- 9 Biggest Surprises of Comic-Con 2014 (From MovieWeb. 28 July 2014, 3:26 PM, PDT)
- Watch George Miller Discuss ‘Mad Max: Fury Road’ [Comic Con 2014] (From Slash Film. 28 July 2014, 2:15 PM, PDT)
- Mad Max: Fury Road Trailer Debuts: Watch Tom Hardy and Charlize Theron Go to Battle In the Explosive Clip (From E! Online. 28 July 2014, 11:38 AM, PDT)
- "Black Mass": Johnny Depp Revealed (From SneakPeek. 23 July 2014, 2:15 AM, PDT)
- New Images Arrive From 'The Hobbit 3,' 'Exodus,' 'Goosebumps' & Judd Apatow's 'Trainwreck' (From The Playlist. 18 July 2014, 1:02 PM, PDT)
- EOne Goes Toe to Toe With Hollywood Majors in U.K. (From Variety - Film News. 15 July 2014, 11:52 AM, PDT)
- Giveaway: Win a 'Noah' Poster Signed by the Cast (From MovieWeb. 28 July 2014, 2:23 PM, PDT)
- Jacki Weaver says 'Broadchurch' remake 'Gracepoint' has a different villain (From Hitfix. 21 July 2014, 1:24 PM, PDT)
- David Tennant: 'Broadchurch and Gracepoint characters feel very different' (From Digital Spy - TV news. 21 July 2014, 2:54 AM, PDT)