A father-and-son editing team has compiled a new anthology in which 100 prominent male figures reveal the lines that make them cry
The cover of a new collection of poetry should probably carry a sticker bearing Shakespeare's warning: "If you have tears, prepare to shed them now."
Poems That Make Grown Men Cry is an anthology of some of the most emotive lines in literature chosen by 100 famous and admired men, ranging from Daniel Radcliffe to Nick Cave, John le Carré and Jonathan Franzen. Published next month and edited by the journalist and biographer Anthony Holden and his film-producer son, Ben, the book is winning praise for introducing male readers to unfamiliar works – and emotions.
Contributor Simon Schama has tweeted enthusing about his choice, Wh Auden's Lullaby, the poem that opens with the words "Lay your sleeping head, my love, Human on my faithless arm." Auden turns out to be the »
- Vanessa Thorpe
Similar News ItemsTom Hardy (I)
- New Photo from Mad Max: Fury Road (From GeekTyrant. 26 December 2014, 12:10 PM, PST)
- Top 5 Stories of 2014 – Watch Fmtv’s Movie Newsgasm (From Flickeringmyth. 26 December 2014, 12:00 PM, PST)
- 2014: An Explosion of Art, Alienation, and Self-Drive in Film (From SoundOnSight. 25 December 2014, 5:37 PM, PST)
- Learn the Legend of The Woman in Black in a New Motion Comic For The Woman In Black 2 Angel Of Death (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 23 December 2014, 9:53 AM, PST)
- "Woman in Black 2" Gets A Motion Comic Prequel (From Dark Horizons. 23 December 2014, 5:28 AM, PST)
- Woman In Black Motion Comic Haunts Online (From EmpireOnline. 23 December 2014, 12:55 AM, PST)
Philip Larkin (III)
- Jarvis Cocker on Pulp’s New Documentary and the Future of the Band (From Vulture. 24 November 2014, 11:45 AM, PST)
- Wrinkles (Arrugas) review 'the politest possible prison movie' (From The Guardian - Film News. 17 April 2014, 1:15 PM, PDT)
- Felicity Jones in 'Breathe In': Wise beyond her years -- Exclusive Video (From EW.com - Inside Movies. 25 March 2014, 7:00 AM, PDT)