A father-and-son editing team has compiled a new anthology in which 100 prominent male figures reveal the lines that make them cry
The cover of a new collection of poetry should probably carry a sticker bearing Shakespeare's warning: "If you have tears, prepare to shed them now."
Poems That Make Grown Men Cry is an anthology of some of the most emotive lines in literature chosen by 100 famous and admired men, ranging from Daniel Radcliffe to Nick Cave, John le Carré and Jonathan Franzen. Published next month and edited by the journalist and biographer Anthony Holden and his film-producer son, Ben, the book is winning praise for introducing male readers to unfamiliar works – and emotions.
Contributor Simon Schama has tweeted enthusing about his choice, Wh Auden's Lullaby, the poem that opens with the words "Lay your sleeping head, my love, Human on my faithless arm." Auden turns out to be the »
- Vanessa Thorpe
Similar News ItemsTom Hardy (I)
- ‘The Killing’s’ Joel Kinnaman Signs With Wme (From Variety - Film News. 21 August 2014, 5:29 PM, PDT)
- Wme Signs Joel Kinnaman (From Deadline New York. 21 August 2014, 5:28 PM, PDT)
- Joel Kinnaman Signs With Wme (Exclusive) (From The Hollywood Reporter. 21 August 2014, 5:28 PM, PDT)
- New Trailer for The Woman In Black: Angel of Death (From AwardsDaily. 21 August 2014, 2:20 PM, PDT)
- ‘The Woman in Black: Angel of Death’: First Teaser & Image (From Screen Rant. 21 August 2014, 1:06 PM, PDT)
- David Yates nears deal to direct Harry Potter spinoff Fantastic Beasts (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 21 August 2014, 12:27 PM, PDT)
Philip Larkin (III)
- Wrinkles (Arrugas) review 'the politest possible prison movie' (From The Guardian - Film News. 17 April 2014, 1:15 PM, PDT)
- Felicity Jones in 'Breathe In': Wise beyond her years -- Exclusive Video (From EW.com - Inside Movies. 25 March 2014, 7:00 AM, PDT)
- Wrinkles – review (From The Guardian - Film News. 21 February 2014, 2:18 AM, PST)